How would you set up this lounge room?

Discussion in 'Styling & Decorating' started by BigRed, 27th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

In the process of purchasing first home and a little unsure as to whether we should keep the same layout current owners have in their lounge room.

Current lounge room and floor plan.

We have a corner lounge and 2x3 seater lounges. (There is an entertaining room downstairs that we will put the other lounge into.) I think it would be difficult to change it around at all and may have to stay in a similiar style and just replace one of the recliners in photo with another 3 seater. Any ideas?

2. Chivaun.Shortis

Chivaun.Shortis Well-Known Member

I think put the corner lounge in this area and the three two seaters downstairs the two recliners where they are now look out of place but that just might be me and my OCD

3. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I do agree, but I have no idea where the corner lounge will go. It will block off exit to the balcony or entry to the loungeroom if I put it anywhere near the current 3 seater now. (Left hand side of floor plan)

4. Chivaun.Shortis

Is it a detachable corner lounge?

5. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

It is, yes.

6. Chivaun.Shortis

Could you do a l shape but leave room for entry to lounge room

7. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Is the furniture in the photo yours? Where is the corner lounge? And do you have another of the three seaters as well?

That is BIG furniture. I'd swap it for smaller 2.5 seater or small pieces. Once kids get to about 10 nobody wants to sit in the middle seat of a three seater, so you could downsize (in my opinion and experience anyway), or fill in the void so your room is bigger (and downsizing the size of the furniture is cheaper than making any changes to fit big furniture).

8. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Furniture is current owners. My furniture isn't pictured. These pictures are from the listing. We're a young couple so kids are still a long way off ;) Thanks for the opinion anyway!

9. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Less is more.

I would put as little furniture there as possible. Sell one.

wylie likes this.
  10. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I would just put the L shape there and the other 2 in the other lounge. Put L shape hard up against the void railing with the L part on the non balcony side. It will give you a gap between the end of the L and the wall to still come into the room I think and leave the balcony door free for access

11. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Wow - I'm not used to working with such small spaces nowadays.

I agree with Westminster - put the L shape lounge up against the void railing (what way does the L shape swing? Is the extension to the left or right?) facing the TV as fixed panel on the slider is at that end. Then put a second couch along the wall that back onto the dining area/robe. Put the rest of the sofas downstairs

The room has beautiful light and looks like a great first home. What are your plans for this house? - personally I'd love to change the layout as the kitchen looks like an add-on and the bathroom is in such he wrong location - and open up the bedroom to make this entire level just "living".

12. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Really appreciate the response. House is amazing and we are so happy to have it as our first home! Eventually there is plans to change the layout around because it is definitely weird. Backyard is huge as well so the potential all over is absolutely huge. Also, our neighbours (opposite) back onto the water so we've got lake views!

Lizzie and wylie like this.