How would you sell?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by annaw5599, 24th May, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. annaw5599

annaw5599 Active Member

Hi all

Just after any recommendations as to how you would sell a 3 bedroom property in a desired location opposite the beach? Probably be just under/around the 400k mark close to Burnie NW coast tas. Market seems to be picking up up here ... flow on from all the Hobart hype I'd imagine and a place sold for a record 2.7 m about an hour from here (record for NW coast tas). I've had an agent knock on my door the other week and she has suggested basically leave it open to offers. How do people normally sell in a desired location? She's telling me she has sellers lined up and I don't doubt this as we have letters in our letterbox all the time about agents having buyers wanting this area. Do you have a few agents few to evaluate the property ? Our last IP we had a friend sell as he was cheap !

Also we obviously want / need top dollar as the place we want to get into is JUST in our price range and will depend what we get for current PPOR.
    Any advice greatly appreciated.

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Just make sure you're not selling too early. Do not trust or believe anything an agent is telling you until you verify it for yourself. Also do not 'give up' any information to an agent that they will use against you as they will most certainly be sharing a lot of what you say with any potential buyers, either consciously or inadvertently.

Comparable sales is always a very good way to determine the approx. value of your place. Just to reiterate point one, I would not want to be selling too early if in fact its the beginning of a 'take off' period.

Last edited: 24th May, 2018