QLD How would you compare Petrie 3'1 vs Goodna 4'2

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Samj, 26th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
?

How would you compare Petrie 3'1 vs Goodna 4'2?

1. Petrie Property (close the new uni) : 35 Year old, Weather board and Wooden. Condition is ok. Price

54.5%
  2. Goodna Property (non flooded area) : 6 years old, Brick and tile. Condition is good. Price $330K (Ap

45.5%
  1. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

This is a tough question.
    Which is worse, Logan or Ipswich?
    Only a true Brisbane local can answer this.

ashish1137 likes this.
  2. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

hence my vladimir putin post above :)

Azazel likes this.
  3. sash

sash Well-Known Member

No need just see if anyone in the suburbs looks..talks ..behaves like anyone in the below clip! :D

markson likes this.
  4. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

If by 'worse' you mean social problems then Logan wins over Ipswich. Nowhere hits harder than Logan.

I would like to be clear now then I'm not criticizing any particular suburb. Just providing some facts.

5. Whitecat

if you are commenting on my post then this is unfair and I think is probably against the rules of the forum too to personally attack. I provided what information I knew about Petrie and about Goodna. I do not know in great detail the current prices of the suburbs. So I provided what information I had.
    The poster can use this to make his or her own decisions if he values a safer, healthier and generally nicer looking area as far as making his investment decision is concerned then my post provided some further information.
    I know what goes down socially in both of the suburbs and I know what the specific social issues are it's part of my job to know that.
    as for your comments about Logan the only places in Queensland where you will find such entrenched and severe depressed disadvantage are in western Cairns and parts of Western Townsville and of course the remote indigenous communities.
    do I think Logan or goodna are bad places to invest no I don't but I would stick with the suburbs that a slightly better if I could the poster may have a different agenda and choose to disagree with that strategy.
    I have friends that live in Logan and I have friends that live in Goodna

6. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

What about per capita?
    Where can we find the data to back up the facts.

7. Whitecat

I don't want to go into too many details about my work but I will say whilst Ipswich has significant social problems, they are much worse in Logan.
    It's also pretty evident on the ground if you go for a drive. If you go to the worst parts of Ipswich you can't find anything like the worst parts of Woodridge it just doesn't have that same level of slum and despair.

No Cookies | The Courier Mail

Logan Queensland's pokies capital

I don't have any vested interest in proving this matter. Neither of these suburbs South of the river are my current or future focus for investment (but i do understand the yield attraction). People will just have to believe an anonymous guy on the Internet if they're trying to choose between Logan and Ipswich and social problems are a factor in their decision making however they can do their own research and I'm happy to comment on what they come up with.

8. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

Do we have any older article we can reference?
    one article is 3 years old, the other is 4 years old

hmmm and why are we talking Logan, when the title is
    How would you compare Petrie 3'1 vs Goodna 4'2

ej89 likes this.
  9. Whitecat

Somebody brought Logan into the conversation. I think when sociodemographics got mentioned. That's usual. Fyi in bne Logan is generally the first suburb that is mentioned whenever poverty or crime in Brisbane is the topic of conversation. It's kind of famous like Mount Druitt as being the example case of extreme disadvantage. Without disputing the facts of where federal and state Social Services money is targeted I personally defend Logan a lot in those scenarios as I don't like snobbery but it seems to be seen as an easy target. Even for South siders. Could be racist elements coming into it as well? People like to criticise the west as well but generally speaking Logan is known to be the suburb with the worst reputation.

Police data is all online you can compare Petrie to Goodna. Also child protection data is a very good indicator as highly related to poverty substance abuse and violence.
    Or if you like come pick me up next time you're in Brisbane we will take a drive if you've got some time and I'll show you exactly what I mean.

ashish1137 likes this.
  10. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

Petrie. No stigma. Loads happening.

11. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

Yes, there is a different thread for Logan. Please share your views there as well. It might help a lot of people.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

12. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

Dear Sash Number One Fan,

Go the the Logan Logan Logan post, click on "Members Who replied this thread", you will pleasantly surprised to find that I am the biggest talker of useless ******** ;)

Special order likes this.
  13. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Sure is.

Frankly I am actually very surprised at how quickly Strathpine, Bray Park, Lawnton, Petrie, Kallangur corridor is now moving. The mid 3s is the norm...the question is when the 4 median is breached.

The other surprise is D'Bay...I am being told my place is now worth 320k plus.....wow!

Go Moreton Bay!!!

And as you say...there is no Stigma....from what I hearing the ex-housing stock is available is selling at similar prices of normal stock!

JAW likes this.
  14. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

No worries, but if you don't want to go into details, it's your opinion, not facts.

15. Special order

Special order Well-Known Member

I think sash is running a nice hot bubbly bath for you

RetireRich101 likes this.
  16. Whitecat

People can take it as my opinion if they like. Also if they like they can trust me about the facts. Or they can look at the evidence themselves. I've given some leads.

17. norwoodman

norwoodman Well-Known Member

I'm finding that most of the established stock 3/4 bedders around the bottom end of the corridor is now typically selling high 300ks/low 400ks now - the stuff below mid 300k's is generally stuff in need of a reno, old and tired and/or has major issues.

18. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yep!

I picked up a tired one in Strathpine for 301k last Aug..no way you could find one for that even for 360k in the same condition.

19. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Of course, but can you give us some links to the facts without giving away your work details?

20. Whitecat

Queensland Crime Statistics - Ipswich

Logan still much higher on homicides. Some brutal ones recently i remember. Probably drug-related seems unfathomable that sort of thing would happen in Brisbane but Logan is distinctly dangerous it seems. I didn't look at burglaries or property damage that might be useful to do.

Intake phase - Child Safety Services, Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services (Queensland Government)

Much higher child protection intake and more removals.

I was actually looking at properties in Logan today on line. I like the idea of buying 1000 square metres in Woodridge for $330,000. So cheap. Now is the time to buy with all of the homicides there may be a lot of bargains. I think the agents have to disclose so if you're not too bothered...

pharmdude likes this.

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.