How will this Government fill their Black hole?.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by willair, 22nd Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I have been looking at the Australian Bureau of Statistics over the past months..

Several items stand out ,from registered electric vehicles up over 60 percent from the previous year ..

So when one looks foward the income stream from the fuel excise ,unless there is a new ''TAX'' then that may be a big problem..

Next cab off the rank is tobacco tax that seems to falling over 10 percent for the past few years ?..

Then you have people drinking less another tax stream from alcohol hit's the BBQ plate..

Then the final important item is the numbers of people over 65 compared too the people of working age and paying income tax,not everyone outside this site is like the self-funded crew within this site going by the way i read some posters ..

Have a think about this as you fill in your tax return by the end of march next year.

''btw'' as we are all different in the way we think ,but will this government or a future different Labor government as tax payers will have to step up--Higher GST?..Road user Tax?..Gambling Tax?..

I only went too grade 10 so the percents could be 1-2 percent out but at the end of the day someone gotta pay..

Last edited: 22nd Jul, 2021
  2. twobobsworth

twobobsworth Well-Known Member

Victorian EV owners will be charged per kilometre from July 1 to cover the missing fuel excise.

3. skater

skater Well-Known Member

One of the benefits of buying an expensive EV is the cost savings on fuel (if you're not into bettering the environment). So, to encourage more people to make the switch, they are going to tax you when you drive it?

4. Firefly99

Firefly99 Well-Known Member

This was bound to happen…

5. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

I believe South Australia are or will be taxing EV owners.
    From a broader perspective I feel that we have violated the principles of economic management to the point where your great great grand children will be paying the debt possibly to the IMF.