how to trust your property manager?

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by max58, 30th Apr, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

I think the OP is saying the property manager and buyers agent are the same company and he is talking there may have been some sort of cover up or indication the shower issue was not serious to get the deal over the line when buying ... ?

I bought an investment property with help of buyer agent and there was a small crack on base of shower which was reported non significant by a qualified building inspector only two month ago.
    House is being property managed by the the same company as did buy the property for me.
    I live in another state and I was told yesterday that crack is leaking and need urgent deep repair which included changing tiles, waterproofing layers even changing shower glass etc with at least 6k bill.

2. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Can you show us the finished product? It sounds like they removed the cubicle and turned it back into a standard shower.

I recently had an issue with a cracked shower base (those cubicles suck, they never last) and we just replaced the whole cubicle for around $1k all up.