How to tell if you can install a ducted aircon system in a property?

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by say_my_name, 7th Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. say_my_name

say_my_name Member

Currently hunting for my first property on the Gold Coast. I am aiming for properties less than 20 years old.

The first thing I will want to do after purchasing my home is to install a zoned ducted air conditioning system.

I realise that not all houses are built to support all types of air conditioning. How can I reasonably be sure that a zoned ducted air conditioning system can be installed in a certain property that I am considering to purchase?

2. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

You would also have to consider insulation required and roof vents.

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Two choices - air vents in the roof or in the floor. Either way you require access for the contractor to install the fan coil unit (it will usually fit between the rafters once a few roof tiles/sheets are taken off, getting it under the house may be more difficult).

Power upgrade & additional circuit on switchboard.

4. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

How to tell ??????

Organise an A/C installer to meet you on site at the time of your inspection ;)
    Buy a property with ducted A/C already installed :cool:
    Inspect many and varied property type's and constructions that already have ducted A/C, so you can develop an understanding of the various construction types and A/C systems in each.
    Change careers, become a mature age apprentice for A/C, you will learn quickly that this is an underpaid labourer's job working in 40 degree+ roof spaces with no fresh air and not big enough for a cat to crawl through :confused:

wylie likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia