How to respond to aggressive customer service?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by justine77, 14th Aug, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. justine77

justine77 Well-Known Member

i remember purchasing some $1000 of products from somewhere 11 years ago and having the same experience and i've purchased alot more from them since 1999 s over 20 years most of their products

They sell products courses that cant be bought elsewhere .

i was looking to upgrade my cassettes and cds to audio downloads and purchase a few more aswell.

They have a members area where they feel you can work out all your answers yourself and they get aggressive if you dare ask for clarification on an order before spending several haundred dollars or $1000

IS THERE SOMEWHERE IN USA TO COMPLAIN LIKE OMBUDSMAN OR FAIR TRADING.

how would you handle it . i know many would refuse to buy from them but their products are only sold by them and are very unique and helpful to me.
    i feel i have to be nice till i get my order but i really wish i could find out the owners or post online review but that again could harm me if i want to make orders in future.

they actually say
    work it out from the members section and dont contact us with any queries dont contact us unless you are spending hundreds of dollars and dont ask for any clarification or questions before spending large amounts of money.
    they agressively say
    this purchase yes or no
    this purchase yes or no
    and dont contact us unless its to make those purchases.

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Judge Judy would be a good place to start.

craigc, S.T, thatbum and 5 others like this.
  3. justine77

its probably not in my best interest to have done this but i sent this letter after writing others and not sending them

what are the names of the people who work in your office and your positions there.
    how long has each person been woriking there
    who is the manager there please.
    how can i contact ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, directly.
    what sort of customer service training do you each have.
    what are the names of bodies where people can complain about customer service in USA .
    i have spent thousands of dollars with you over 20 years and i find it bad customer service that you think that everyone can work out everything from the members area and must never contact you except to make a purchase . I find it very aggressive how you write your emails and that you seem to demand aggressively that we must spend several hundred dollars or $1000 without clarifying any queries that we may have. I dont find this good customer service at all. Are your employers aware that this is how you treat customers.
    This is not new i remember you doing this to others who have made orders. These days there are many tv shows who report on such bad experiences and online reviews also where people can post terrible feedback.
    Is there anyone there who knows how to give courteous customer serv ice and who knows how to treat customers who over 20 years have spent ov er $2000 with you purchasing most of your items.?

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

What are you actually trying to achieve?

Either buy their products or don't.

Unless they have defrauded you or failed to supply what they promised, then all you're doing is wasting time.

Lizzie, Propertunity and Lindsay_W like this.
  5. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

What issues did you have with the process? Of they are audio downloads, they either work or they dont. Its not like you have to mail it back.

6. justine77

They are assuming that all customers are experts about their website
    and instead of simply directing well paying customers of 20 years to

click on the top right where it says this
    or look for half way down the page to where it says ..... and click on that

instead of that they send rude emails to figure it out for yourself as if we are experts on their site
    and not to write back unless you are spending 1000 without clarifying anything of the $1000 order.
    to work out all clarifications or queries for yourself on a website that we are not expert of.

i just accidently discovered i had ordered a course 11 years ago that i had never accessed. i had no idea how to find where that course was or how to access it. it turns out there are some 39 downloads for me that i didnt know where to access and its simple to tell customers where to find it.

simple things that they simply need to direct loyal long term well paying customers where to click on but instead they are so rude wanting $1000 orders and expecting no clarification or itemised invoice

some courses i had in past were on cassette and to order them as downloads is highly discounted. yet when i asked the cost and mentioned that i get the discount as i'd ordered most before they didnt even factor that in. they gave the cost of all those downloads as if i had never bought them before despite me saying i had purchased most before as cassette so can get them at the highly discounted rate.

is it too much to ask for courteous clarification
    itemised invoice so i can check what they have done as clearly theya re making mistakes.
    i
    to know where on their site to find the course i purchased 11 years ago and how to access
    there are 50 things to click on on their site all over the top and side
    . it took me a while to find where i can see
    waht i've ordered in the past
    where i can find what they cost now to order as downloads with discount of past purchase
    where is the course that already is in downloads that i'd bought 11 years ago.
    i looked at my 2 lines of polite query and their aggressive response is crazy. they want $1000 orders with no clarification or queries or itemised invoice for us to check

i saw last time that people around me told me not to buy anything from them as they were so rude and that was 11 years ago so its a long standing problem their refusal to help customers and them just wanting purchases without any polite communication or clarification

Last edited: 14th Aug, 2019
  7. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

What products and company are you talking about?
    If they have a website they probably have contact information on there and possibly even a complaints section.
    Sometimes the best thing to do is stop buying their products, if you bought something 11 years ago is it still relevant today? Are there any alternative providers that offer better?

8. justine77

last time in 2008 there was a special discount if i ordered by a certain date but then they didnt get back to me clarifying 2 small queries i had. i found an incredibly polite letter to them about that at the time saying i belong to various online forums and am asking if there is another way to contact them as they havent responded or if there are customer service bodies in usa i can speak to to help me as i hadnt heard back from them and was wondering if they were open or what was going on. it was an extremely polite letter after again enormous frustration that they want large orders but refuse to answer simple questions.

piggybackzebra likes this.
  9. justine77

yes there products are extremely helpful and unique and cant be bought elsewhere they are their own. there products are amazing but their customer service has always been terrible.

After that very polite letter 11 years ago i seemed to get better service.

10. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

So you want to know if there is an authority in the US you can complain to because someone was rude to you in an email?

thatbum, Lindsay_W and TMNT like this.
  11. justine77

i see waht i did last time was i wrote to them a few times each time saying

i'm very eager to finalise my order but in order to complete it by the day specified i need to know please if ...... thank you for your assistance.

when after quite a few very polite messages like that i still didnt get my couple of questions answered i wrote this which is a very very very gentle version of what i first wrote here

I belong to a few world wide forums and have posted on them in the past how much i enjoy your tapes. I think i will post asking if anyone else is having trouble getting through to you if they have perhaps an alternate email for you or phone numbers. perhaps you are closed i'm not sure. PErhaps there is a governing body in the usa that deal with customer service difficulties that can assist me as I've sent a query 2 days ago but still not heard from you and am finding it quite frustrating as you want me to order by a certain date but there is a query that still has not been answered. I hope everything is alright with you.

i think i did get finally answered after a long time and many attempts. there customer service is so so so bad. if i didnt love their products theres no way i'd put up with it

their customer service is really bad

i also found out after months of considering what i wanted to order that i wasnt even eligible to order a whole lot of them as i hadnt done the courses before. its all very confusing and it wasted months for me because they dont give customer service.

12. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

I know how you feel, I want to bang my head against the wall whenever I call up anywhere with a philipino call centre, they are useless

what are you trying to achieve by contacting the ombudsman or equivalent,

as you said, they sell unique products, that you cant get anywhere, they have a competitive advantage in the market,

either keep buying from them, and deal with it, or stop buying and take you business elsewhere, and if there is no elsewhere, take it or leave it

or better still, start your own competitor busienss

Lindsay_W likes this.
  13. justine77

i dont want to speak to an ombudsman i just want them to think i could and its not because they are aggressive in their emails its because i'm trying to make a large order and they are so unhelpful with clarifying anything

and i'am trying to make a large order and they are so frustrating and unhelpful..

they did this last time in 2008 also when i again was making a very big order as if we throw 1000 at them with no clarification. again people then advised me to not deal with them and i wish that was the answer for me but i really like their products. i dont know if the person who makes the products realises all these decades what terrible customer service her employees give

Last edited: 14th Aug, 2019
  14. Depreciator

They will not think that.

15. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

why dont you just email them and say you pricks are rude,

or write a complaint via their official support email address

if their service is that bad, you wouldnt be the first person to complain,

if they get enough complaints, its their choice whether to do anything about it

the consquences of their approach are their own doing

16. justine77

I think they get so angry and unhelpful as they feel everything is on their website and they assume we are all instantly experts of their website and they dont understand they need to direct us how to find things or answer simple questions. there website has so much info to take in and its really unfair to think we are experts in it all .

17. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Or do what every other millenial does:
    • Have a whinge on farcebook
    • Post some negative comments on every one of the ratings questionnaires
    • Post some negative comments on their google page
    • Post more negative comments on their other social media outlets
    • Contact Dr Phil, let him know that customer service in the US is up the spout, they have serious attitude problems and you'd like it sorted. :oops:

TMNT likes this.
  18. justine77

lol.
    i rarely complain about any service. i have better things to do but they are terrible and its for big orders so people need clarification.

19. Depreciator

Most of the posts you make are long tangled tales of a disappointing interaction you have had with a tenant or relative or agent or neighbour etc etc. This encounter is just another one.

craigc, VB King, AndyPandy and 6 others like this.
  20. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

What's the website, product or company? If you tell us we might be able to help you