Education & Work How to refocus at work

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by JDP1, 12th Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

That's great! My never ending project wrapped up and I have moved on to other (shorter) projects. I am much happier being able to sign off projects and move onto something new.

2. Harry30

Harry30 Well-Known Member

When I am having a bad day, which we all do, I immediately start to think about how I can ‘flip it’. I think about what are the 1 or 2 things that I can do right now (by end of today) that will turn what is a bad day into a really great day. Put aside the bad things that have happened and look forward. The day is not over. Sit down and write it down, just 1 or 2 things. Amazing what this thinking process does. You realise there is immediate things you can do to make the day great, however bad it started. You are out of the negative and on the path to flipping it.

Sackie likes this.
  3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@Harry30 Agree with you.

Understanding how the mind influences our actions and then being able to manipulate our mindset to achieve certain outcomes can drastically affect our level of success in all things in life, imo.

Very few people bother to take the time to work on this part of self development, though you'll often find that high achievers at the top of their game in most fields will not neglect this part of their conditioning. They understand that with a weak foundation (mindset, psychological conditioning being that base) it's very hard to build anything outstanding on top.

Last edited: 11th Jun, 2018
    Pier1, TAJ and Harry30 like this.