how to keep neighbours onside with development please

Discussion in 'Development' started by justine77, 21st Nov, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. justine77

justine77 Well-Known Member

if a property was purchased to demolish and build duplex and sell one and live in one, are there ways the builder or i can get and keep neighbours on side. please
    any other hints appreciated.

2. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

Has DA approval been obtained or will it be via CDC? In my experience neighbours can sometimes be bitter esp during CDC where they won't have had an opportunity to raise any objections.

Its worth introducing yourself (and take your family/kids) to tell them you'll be their new neighbours, give them your contact number and explain they can reach out to you if any issues along the way. Apologise for noise, dust, tradies parking everywhere, damage to fence etc and explain its only for a finite period of time. Sometimes the neighbour might actually be interested in developing their block and then they will be easier to deal with.

Stoffo and Anthony416 like this.
  3. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

As per above.

Noise and dust during construction are two big issues, along with street parking.

If they park outside a voucher to a local carwash around demolition and site excavation times can help

lost nomad and balwoges like this.
  4. ParraEels

ParraEels Well-Known Member

When you buy brand new houses/townhouse etc you dont worry about what your neighbours faced during construction. You not responsible for other people's action. Construction site in NSW requires to have PCA information displayed on the fence. So if they have issues they can complaint to certifier.

Lodge CDC. Neighbours not allowed to make representations. It is NSW law and you just following the process. Dont worry to much about neighbours whom you don't know yet.

5. justine77

thank you. Its just been purchased and i beleive they met the lovely neighbours but i dont think neighbours know yet that they are planning to demolish and build duplexes.

thank you.

6. idev

idev Well-Known Member

Lovely neighbor doesn't mean they won't object anything. When it comes to such matters, people are mostly surprised by lovely neighbors :D. You just follow the process and your neighbors will get the opportunity to object anything if something in plans not complying. If all complying, you won't have issues with council.

wylie likes this.
  7. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Most devs get objections. Irrational ones. Nimby stuff. Just plan it as complying.

8. justine77

Like Mel and Stoffe said
    Before one of my neighbour. renovated the builder came in to chat with me about it . I have no memory of what they said to me , but it was respectful .

I’ve learnt over the tears to bring chocolates to and introduce myself to new neighbours to start on a good foot with neighbours . The renovations started early each morning on exactly 7 am or whatever’s allowed and went on for a while and it set a nice tone that the Buikder had come over to chat b4 habd and Thst I had their number .

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia