How to get started clothing line

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by bob shovel, 11th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

For web sales it is worth investing in good quality web copy ( 'product descriptions' ) that help to 'sell' the product. Make sure specifications are clear, accurate and complete ( this info can be important in the decision to buy ). Make sure product photos look professionally done.

Make sure the buying process is as simple as possible. It also needs to work well on all browsers including desktops / laptops and mobile devices.

For web sales, money back guarantees are also important. It's a psychological thing with the buying process. Not that they will necessarily be used - many people won't try to return something bought online because it turns out to be too great a hassle.

Make sure also a number of delivery options are offered. My personal pet peeve is online stores that use couriers instead of Australia post ( I have a PO Box and prefer deliveries of value to be able to be personally collected ).

bob shovel likes this.
  2. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

other important things

- in this online connected world, people like an instant response to questions. Try and answer within a few hours if possible.
    - if you go down the eBay route, make sure you respond quickly and in the right way to complaints

bob shovel likes this.
  3. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

@wombat777 thanks for the tips, all very important and nowadays becoming the basic expectations people expect to see I'd think