How To Get Land's Best Possible Price?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Moe Soliman, 26th Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Moe Soliman

Moe Soliman Member

Hi, I am in the process of getting a mortgage pre-approval for a land and multi dwelling house. ( 2 x medium-size house attached together). The key here is to get the required land size at the best possible price.
    So my question is - How could I get this best possible price for the land - where to look for apart from the ordinary websites, can I avoid middlemen and marketers margin on top of the land margin?

Any ideas, techniques, recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Cheers

2. hobo

hobo Well-Known Member

What state/city/suburb do you want to buy in, or do you mean anywhere in Australia?

3. Moe Soliman

Moe Soliman Member

Qld > Brisbane > hopefully northern of north lakes or western toward Redbank Plains

[d4rk-fr3d] likes this.
  4. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

A buyers agent with off market sellers ?

ta
    rolf

5. Moe Soliman

Moe Soliman Member

Ok , sounds good, would you be able to give more info about this, please

6. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

Builders know who has got what land where for sale, some of which may not be officially on the market. They can know about available land when it a appears there is none on the market. ask them when you are looking at house designs and prices. A buyers Agent is a middle man.

Moe Soliman likes this.
  7. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Local real estate agents can be a free option v's a BA. If they know you are looking and know what you want they can bring the sellers to you. Since land is fairly homogenous v's say an existing property there is a little less a BA can add.

Define your area and let them know you are a buyer - And be prepared for them to deluge you. Its essential you convey a specification for the land. ie frontage, area, density, main road, quiet area etc etc... If they know you want a duplex it would help them too, dual access ? etc They may even bring you a dump on a block suitable for demo. There could be a GST saving in that.....

Agents love hearing about willing buyers.

Moe Soliman likes this.
  8. Moe Soliman

Moe Soliman Member

great advice - will definitely help me in the process, Thanks Paul