How to get a fast discharge of mortgage

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by robl, 26th Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. robl

robl Member

I need my old bank Westpac to discharge my mortgage for a loan with CommBank - within around 3 days. Loan was paid in full at branch a day ago. Told two week wait unless the banker from CommBank touches base - which he will.

Anyone got any tips? Is this mission impossible?

2. JDM

JDM Well-Known Member

Westpac are the worst bank I deal with. Good luck getting it done within two weeks, let alone 3 days.

Sorry, not very helpful but just letting you know so you can set your expectations.

3. robl

robl Member

I thought I might hear that lol!!

I’m guarantor for somebody and they will need to mortgage against my title. Can you advise if you think this will needed for loan approval or perhaps not until settlement.

4. jazzsidana

jazzsidana Well-Known Member

I just had a client refinanced from Westpac to ANZ. After the loan was approved, settlement was booked with-in 7 days using online system...

Client had to push westpac really hard and I as the broker had to keeping push ANZ to bring date forward. 3 days is super tight depending upon how busy Westpac/CBA is but it's possible if everything is ready and broker/client request for faster settlement ...

Cheers,

5. robl

robl Member

thanks Jazz!

6. Waterboy

Waterboy Well-Known Member

Don’t CBA use FastRefi? Technically not discharged but can move on to new lender quickly.

Terry_w likes this.