How to find the phone number of address on title?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by DrunkSailor, 12th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. DrunkSailor

DrunkSailor Well-Known Member

I was planning on buying an abandoned apartment recently that was listed online but was taken down within a week. I did a title search and found the owners live close to me. I've looked up their name and address in the white pages but they're not listed. These people have to be over 50 so I find that very odd.

I went around to their house and knocked on their door during the day but there was no answer. I'm certain someone was home though because the gates were open and there were shoes at the front door. I ended up leaving a note in the letterbox to call me in regards to the apartment.

Is there any way of finding a phone number for an address that isn't listed in the white pages? I've googled the hell out of it but have come up with nothing.

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

No

3. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

"Trying is the first step towards failure" Homer
    Creepy as! :eek:

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

If you have the owner's name, you may find they have a FB page, LinkedIn, other social media.

5. DrunkSailor

the things the property market makes you do....

Ouga likes this.
  6. DrunkSailor

I'm guessing they are too old for those things.

I looked up a history report of the address on the title of the apartment just to see if the owner is still living there or they have sold/rented it out but it looks like it's been their family home since the 80's when they bought it. There's been no record the house being sold or rented since it was first purchased.

That's what bugs me about this. Old people are always listed in the white pages. It's the young people who don't use landlines anymore.

7. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I have a land line & have always had a private number. Maybe it's time I buy a fax machine.

Must make me old. :rolleyes:

8. BarneyRubble

BarneyRubble Well-Known Member

How did you get an address from a title search? Doesn't it just list the owners name?