How to find out sold price for price withheld properties?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Kis Kis, 1st Jun, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Kis Kis

Kis Kis Well-Known Member

Hi we’re building in North Kellyville and will soon apply for construction loan. We are keeping an eye on the sold prices of the neighborhood houses. In the last two weeks there were 4 houses sold with price withheld. Those houses are of similar size and inclusions to our building plan. How can i find out the sold prices of those houses? I am trying all the free websites including onthehouse/ property value websites and nothing can be found. Any ways of finding out the sold price?

2. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

~ Ring the agent directly.
    ~ Have access to RPdata/Corelogic
    ~ Ask someone who has access to RPData/Corelogic

3. Property Baron

Property Baron Well-Known Member

Old listings doesn't work anymore, not for me anyway!!

4. David R Sutantyo

David R Sutantyo Well-Known Member

As above, ring the agent directly. RP Data could take a while before it's properly updated.

Tom Rivera and Kis Kis like this.
  5. qak

qak Well-Known Member

If you are in hurry you need to either ask the owner or try to ask the agents. If you are "thinking of selling", the agents will usually be happy to help if you ask for comparables.

Kis Kis likes this.
  6. noobinator

noobinator Active Member

I originally shared the information below in this thread: How to find listing date & Assorted questions?
    Below is a copy/paste, good luck with your house buying!

agents may not tell you the price. A trick, though slightly technical, is to run a search of sold results from Domain. Then you manually can edit the URL to manipulate the price range and narrow down a result.
    EG. Simply looking for all sold results in Seddon under $1.1 mill
    671 Properties Sold & Auction Results in Seddon, VIC, 3011 | Domain
    [​IMG]
    Shows this house from Biggin Scott where they chose not to disclose a sold price. By manually changing the sold price range I can narrow down the sold price to a small range. In this case, I manually changed the URL to a price range of 1.095mill to 1.095mill and it's the only result left, confirming it sold for exactly 1.095mill:
    1 Property Sold & Auction Results in Seddon, VIC, 3011 | Domain
    [​IMG]

Stoffo, Todd, BusyBusyBee and 11 others like this.
  7. Greggielocs

Greggielocs Member

Thanks for this tip - I've been fighting with an agent who won't tell me the sale price for a place that went via auction recently. If I'd been there on the day I would have heard it ... but they claim the seller doesn't want it released!

noobinator likes this.
  8. timetoact

timetoact Well-Known Member

Usually if you are nice with the agent and are considering selling and using them as your agent you can get close enough to the exact price in a conversation without the agent having to tell you the exact figure...
    Also, other agents in the area may know, someone from their agency might have been at the auction.

Greggielocs likes this.
  9. property_noob

property_noob Well-Known Member

BunnyXiao and arewethereyet like this.
  10. Greggielocs

Greggielocs Member

11. BusyBusyBee

BusyBusyBee New Member

THIS WORKS!!! Narrowed down our neighbours recently sold property "price withheld" they had it listed at 1.7 and after a bit of faffing with the URL - worked out that it sold for 1.6222!!! Fantastic! Thank you

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia