How to dress up a house for sale...

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by wobbycarly, 16th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wobbycarly

wobbycarly Well-Known Member

2. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Personally I'd never do that - but can't see a problem. As one comment at the bottom said "it's not like you get the couch when you buy the house".

It's all about staging and styling - something I really big on and cringe at some of the home I see up for sale ... declutter folks! Take down all those "every Christmas/school year" photos of the kiddies and grandkiddies ... have some furniture that suits the size of the room ... carpet no good? buy some $99 plain rugs from Spotlight and throw them down ...

Perfect example of a room that looks tiny and off putting - but with some simple tweaks (as above) could look almost spacious

9 O'Connors Road Nulkaba NSW 2325 - House for Sale #117460883 - realestate.com.au

3. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

p.s. we have a tiny ensuite off one of our bedrooms (all three bedrooms have ensuites) - much to hubby protest I swapped out the tiny bowl-only vanity and tiny but bulky face height shaving cabinet for a bigger vanity with under storage, a full size mirror above (600x1200), changed the toilet seat and cistern to a smaller model (left the bowl untouched) - and the bathroom now looks twice the size ... minimal cost with great effect ... but honestly ... decluttering is the BIGGEST thing you can do

KMD likes this.