How to do a) quick, b) preliminary and c) professional feasibility assessment

Discussion in 'Development' started by ottg, 29th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ottg

ottg Well-Known Member

I have just spent quite a considerable time on this:
    For a quick napkin check see this:
    9 numbers budding property developers can't ignore | Kieran Clair -
    If it passes the litmus test then go deeper by doing the QwikFeaso
    If it passes that, then go deeper using the spreadsheet. If you arrange that coffee then I'll be able to show you!
    However it misses something very, very important you need to do before doing a a feaso:
    Know your numbers for the area and market. Average dwelling size sold, average dwelling size for sale, average selling price/sqm, average dwelling development size, average developer cost/sqm

2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

That's right - there is the mathematical possibility - ie land area x plot ratio = number of units but then there is real life. There might be a huge density bonus on a small plot of land which as @AndrewTDP would then require very very expensive ideas to come to fruition.

3. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

Pages from the book

4. moridog

moridog Well-Known Member

I'm still a bit confused as to where you would go to determine feasibility, I can see various places will prepare a report for you but still unsure as to how to proceed to determine whether a block should be subdivided and sold, or subdivided and built upon to the best ratio? Wildly varying build prices with bigger builders, don't know that I would be game to go with a smaller non HIA contract.

5. kmrr

kmrr Well-Known Member

add a minimum 10% to anything in rawlinsons. Any estimator that relies on this prices is kidding themselves.