How to catch a monster

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Raiju Smith, 29th Sep, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Raiju Smith

Raiju Smith Member

2 people like this.
  2. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

i look for small(er ) well run companies and let any BIG gains be a matter of luck , my limited experience is that any really great company is swallowed up by a monster who is under-performing and trying to look good on paper .

PME .. Promedicus .. currently up 18,600% ( 186 times ) since i bought in during June 2011 for me being the exception , but is now a top 200 share so do not expect the company to continue longer term as a stand alone entity ( which will be sad it has been very nice to me with the dividend payouts .)

i look at income ( dividends ) and survival prospects first , normally ( but there have been exceptions to that strategy )

3. Raiju Smith

Raiju Smith Member

186 times! Bloody hell, gotta be happy with that.

I like small as well, higher chance of being miss-priced and a larger potential for upside. I just have to make sure i pick good ones. Shouldn't be too difficult ;)

2 people like this.
  4. twisted strategies

more difficult than it looks the good ones being taken-over , some expanding but recruiting poorly ( or acquirin g excessive debt ) or worst of all attracting the 'guidance' of financial power-houses ( which often reek of self-interest , and agendas ) .

5. twisted strategies

sheer luck with PME bought it as a tiny div. payer in the medical/tech sector , has become amazingly popular despite relartively small contracts ( but with prestigous customers )

i also have sold 90% of my holding as the share rallied over the years ( and yet it is now a top 5 holding anyway )

the only share i have bought to speciffically double/triple in share price ( and done it successfully ) is MQG .

the other successes have been 'happy accidents ' while several others have been 'nasty accidents ' ( total or near total losses )

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia