Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

How often do you opt for invasive pest inspection?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by EN710, 29th Sep, 2015.

1. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Just got B&P report today. Building looks ok with minor fixes.

Pest report mention a localised termite damage, but no evidence of active termite. I'm thinking of opting for the more invasive inspection just to cover my bases. How easy it is to obtain approval from owner? And how many PCers have opt for this option?

2. mush

mush Well-Known Member

Assuming that this is a brick/cladding-veneer property,an inclusive invasive inspection would involve removing many areas of the sheeting to view the wall cavities and would therefore be impractical.
    If significant damage has been done there should be sufficient evidence to suggest this without resorting to an invasive inspection.
    In my opinion,a better option would probably be to contact a pest control company who offer an 8-10 year warranty if they provide a fiprinol based barrier and conduct the annual inspections. Get them to carry out another inspection on the condition that they are willing to offer this service on the property as it stands now and you have a guarantee that you will be termite free and any damage that manifests itself will be fixed free of charge over this period.
    If they are confident in their ability to conduct a comprehensive inspection then they should have no problem in backing this up.