How much would this house cost to build?

Discussion in 'Development' started by Johnny Cashflow, 19th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Johnny Cashflow

Johnny Cashflow Well-Known Member

2. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

850-1mill, gueststamite , I'm not a builder.

3. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

hard to say without floorplans and knowing the size but in perth you'd be looking at anywhere from 900-1.2m turnkey incl landscaping imo, 900k being a bit of a deal. also depends on if it's architect designed or a builders own as that can add 5-10% to the bill

4. Johnny Cashflow

image.png

5. sanj

bloody hell that thing is huge, i didnt realise. imo you'd do well to finish it below 1.5m turnkey including architect fees and landscaping.

big max likes this.
  6. Johnny Cashflow

1.5m! Damn

So you are working from like 3-4K per sqm?

7. Jeah_

Jeah_ Well-Known Member

Our new PPOR in regional QLD came in at $1200/sqm, and it's only mid level fit out. That thing has cathedral ceilings and high end fitout.

I'm with sanj, to have it finished and landscaped, I can't see you getting a lot of change out of 1.5m. There's probably nearly a 100g of concrete slab under it to begin with.

big max likes this.
  8. sanj

once you add in the landscaping, pool, granny flat as a separate detached building and include the cost for the architect/designer you'll find you can easily add 30-40% to what the "main" house build was in isolation. it's the same reason so many people get lured by the supposed build prices at display homes and then realise to actually finish the house and get it ready to be lived in there are a whole lot of other costs to consider.

there is also a section of upper floor, i cant tell the extent from the image above. cost once again. adding say 50sqm to upstairs is significantly more expensive per sqm than building it downstairs and increasing the existing footprint, so there goes another chunk.

looking at the figures more closely it looks like there is over 500sqm of internal living, granny flat and garage combined plus of course the verandah and landscaping, imo the 1.5m figure would be quite easily reached. i've also assumed a flat site and no soil issues.

big max and Glorion like this.
  9. Johnny Cashflow

Good to know!

I have never built before and just saw this amazing house and was wondering how much it would have cost. Now I just need to win a lotto to afford it lol

Dream house stuff right there!

I know the display villages are very deceiving.

They show you the best house and the price starts with the lowest quality not finished!

If you get the sales person to write you up the turn key price is that usually pretty safe ? Or do they chuck extra $ on their for things after?

10. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

See if you can dig out the original DA from council via an FOI.

I would have thought that this was definitely FHB territory or at least referred to the thread "Help me buy a dog" ;)

11. sanj

Ive just helped someone source a property on which theyre planning to build and ill probably PM a 350-400sqm internally high spec architect designed single home, imo my gut feel is a 1-1.4m total cost, with 1.2-1.3m likely. The add ons are what can suddenly take a project from 1m to 1.3m and this property in adelaide wouldve been similar imo

12. Graeme

Graeme Well-Known Member

There are a few pages giving a rough idea of how much it costs to build a house. For example:
    • Project Homes (basic) – $620-$780 / square metre
    • Project Home (deluxe) – $1,000 – $3,000 / square metre
    • Custom Built Homes – $1,500 – $3,000 / square metre
    • Deluxe Customer Built Homes – $2,500 – $4,000+ / square metre
    Given the property has around 600 square metres of internal space, then at $2K / square metre it'd be $1.2 million, possibly more. So pretty much what @sanj said.

Shahin_Afarin likes this.
  13. Johnny Cashflow

How much would this have cost to build?

Check out this property I found in Craigmore SA - Sold Price for 26 Beatrix Drive Craigmore SA 5114

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia