How much will brisbane cheapies go up this year ?

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by See Change, 2nd Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

How much will Brisbane Cheapies go up in 2021

1. They’ll crash !!! (Negative)

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Slight rise 1-9 %

8 vote(s)
    10.1%
  3. Good moderate growth 10-20 %

36 vote(s)
    45.6%
  4. Oh yeah ! 20-30 %

17 vote(s)
    21.5%
  5. Now we’re talking 30 - 49 %

8 vote(s)
    10.1%
  6. Ummm !?!! 50 - 70 %

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. What boat are you buying SeeCh ? > 70 %

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

first of all , an average person doesn’t need to be the person to bid up prices . There are lots of people who are above average who bid prices up .

most houses won’t be changing hands . A small percentage of the overall market will be bought and sold but what they sell for determines the value of the rest , so it’s not as though everyone in goodna will be paying those prices ...but they will feel wealthier and more confident

but getting back to stats .

Average rent - 300 . Now that is the sort of price most renters are paying .

But if you’ve got a deposit ( big if for some ...) then a 400k mortgage is cheaper than what your paying in rent for a house that currently selling somewhere around 270-300 K

So my simplistic view is it’s quite affordable for cheapies in brisbane to get to 400 k + and 500 is also quite affordable ( if you have the deposit ...)

so yep , I do think that household budgets will stretch to accomodate significant price rises.

Whether that’s a good thing long term for the economy of the country is another debate as is whether is sensible ....

but people in Australia are always prepared to stretch their budgets so they can buy their own piece of Oz and I don’t think that’s about to change .

cliff

Last edited: 2nd Apr, 2021
    Erica and Firefly99 like this.
  2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

This is true for the whole market - everyone on the market (bottom feeders to high net wealth) can afford the cheapies but not everyone in the market can afford the average, median or top end properties.

3. See Change

they’re not cheapies . I’m talking about places with prices at or under 300 at the moment .

pleaaase , don’t pay any attention to the slope of the graph . That’s just dependant on the scale , zero points etc . Yes they are going up.

the inner ring goes up first , then the middle then the outer . The inner and middle tend to be more consistent over time , but then the outer ring tends to catch up percentage wise , but over a shorter time frame .
    The outer ring drops back from its peaks by a greater degree so when it plays catch up , the percentage growth is greater and comes over a shorter time frame

If @Sackie wanted to maximise his gains , he’d take his profits from his inner rings sales and gear up in goodna and enjoy the ride .

cliff

4. See Change

hadn’t really thought of things in that way ..

Interesting .

But , the reality is most people just wouldn’t think of buying in the cheap areas . I probably would never have thought of it if I hadn’t worked in Mt Druitt and seen first hand what happened .

We have high net wealth friends , who invest in property , who are quite negative when we’ve told them where we’ve bought in brisbane

cliff

5. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Qld ones have issues, other regionals were cheapies, and don't need all the paperwork with too many doors as I get older. Will put more into shares for simplification.

Piston_Broke likes this.
  6. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I believe this is the key point in any market. People often talk about affordability, but really it's irrelevant, as there's only a few homes that change hands at any given time, so you only need a few that can afford it.
    There's a whole ship load of high net wealth people out there, who are quite negative about Mt Druitt and other cheaper areas around the country. It doesn't mean that those areas are a bad investment though.

7. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

Is the 0.7 the one on blocks in the front yard?

8. See Change

no , you thinking about Logan . It’s in the shed in the back yard , though some might be in the third bedroom

cliff

Patrick Bateman and Blueskies like this.
  9. See Change

they might go up more in the next couple of years , if the nice areas have already gone up 50 % ...

cliff

10. Firefly99

Firefly99 Well-Known Member

The stats for Coolum Beach (for example) are pretty similar and the median house price there is $800k. The stats are useful but don’t tell the whole story.

11. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

Please don’t compare Goodna to Coolum Beach. :D

luckyone and See Change like this.
  12. Firefly99

Firefly99 Well-Known Member

;) promise that will be the one and only time!

13. See Change

i was wondering about quoting Coolum on a thread about Logan , goodna and ipswich

14. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

I voted for 20-30%, which is probably on the optimistic side, but definitely possible. It would be great to see the number of investors in the market going up, because they tend to target a lot of these cheaper suburbs. I think there is a good chance for this to happen. A lot of home owners with incresed equity, savings and lower rates, watching the boom and wanting a piece of the action.

15. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

These are not cheapie suburbs.:rolleyes:

16. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    You'll have to forgive me. I live in Sydney- they are very inexpensive from my perspective

17. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Backing up my comment - everyone can afford cheap but it thins out when you pass the average & median to the top end of the market.

18. See Change

I mentioned the type of suburbs I was referencing in the initial post

Logan et al . Some people have their own agenda and like to bring it up even when it’s not really relevant .

cliff

Angel likes this.
  19. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

When you stop to look at it buying $280 - $380k 30/40k to Brisbane is still pretty amazing...surely that window will slam shut very shortly

20. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Exactly. Just what Mt Druitt did a few years ago!

skater likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia