How much have you paid?

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Bayview, 28th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I agree Marisa, I was referring to IP as in just a plain buy and hold type stock. But when your talking about development then I agree there's more to it. I have never bought in a rezoned area with no comparable sales but I would think that you would look at very similar stock your building, closest to the area your building as possible to get some bearings on value. I would assume as you have said that banks will do the same to get an idea on valuation. :)

2. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

Investors create demand, demand pushes prices up. Simple.
    The idea that investors push prices down because they bargain hard is just ludicrous.

3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Demand is created when there is something worthwhile having. If there is limited stock of that thing then demand goes up. When investors, FHB and anyone else purchase more of the stock then supply goes down and demand continues to go up until a price is reached where that 'worthwhile' thing becomes less and less worthwhile at the new price point. Then demand will move elsewhere.'

Investors don't 'create' demand, its created by the wants and desires of people. When investors buy and prices go up, it is because the wants and desires of people still think the item is worth having. Then at a certain price point it will end.

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.