How Much Cash Flow Do You Generate Today???

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by MTR, 29th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

Are the other 99 cf+ ? :)

kierank likes this.
  2. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

Don't have that many properties but I do take donations :)

3. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

SMSF pension is way more than we need for living and lifestyle. There is so much bread on the table, it is buckerling under the weight :).

So much so, we put the spare income into our Offset accounts. All are now chockers except one. This ,of course, exacerbates the problem by reducing our investment expenses and reducing our negative cashflow.

The $25K negative cashflow gave us about 20 times that in tax free Net Worth growth (until we sell) including cash.

Imagine what is going to happen as Brisbane and the Gold Coast boom over the next few years :).

I don't understand why we should go for cf+ and have to pay tax.

traveller likes this.
  4. Omnidragon

Omnidragon Well-Known Member

Yes it's great to lose money so we pay no taxes.

5. kierank

No, it is a lot better to make money and pay no tax :). The Government definitely allows/encourages one to do it :).

MikeyBallarat and Bayview like this.
  6. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

That is a fanastic result AUD500k per year so AUD10m CG over twenty years
    You have done well

MikeyBallarat and kierank like this.
  7. kierank

If Brisbane and GC boom, might do that in 10 years :)

Gypsyblood, apk, Sackie and 2 others like this.
  8. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

Been in property for a long time (but probably not as long as you)....still can't figure out what type of property has a better total gain (CG plus net yield) ...going forward that is ...looking back i am pretty good at seeing what i should have done lol :)

lowIQ and kierank like this.
  9. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

.016% LVR is pretty well no debt ...never been tempted to buy anything out ..and taking on more debt?

10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

BV
    I am curious, any regrets selling your "Bayview" home? I expect none, considering how it has all panned out for you. I expect stress levels are significantly lower today.

I like the way you turned it around.

MTR:)

11. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

I kept the real financial scenario from my wife for over a year...I was hoping I could trade our way out of it, and was reluctant to let go Staff for for longer than I should have out of loyalty to them....but by the time it was inevitable and I broke the news to my wife; I had long since stopped grieving about it....it took her about a year to stop crying about it; she took it very hard, but she/we have finally moved on from it and looking forward.

Every so often we do have a pang of regret, but then we take stock; we have 3 beautiful kids, we are all healthy, we still have the Business and income and a bit of lifestyle...could be far worse.

We are better off than many others in the world. ;):D

Handyandy, freyja, Biz and 11 others like this.
  12. SoroSoro

SoroSoro Well-Known Member

Purchased in December and enjoying our first property north of Melbourne. Recently moved from PAYG contractor to starting my own business in the same job/company. This has significantly reduced our taxes as my wife is also a director but does not have a job outside of the business. This allows us to essentially split ~$175k into two incomes instead of one. It also allows for a larger range of business expenses. The change is a net +$15k a year just in taxes, and more than that when expenses are factored in.

Would love to get in a better cash flow situation - perhaps once we purchase our first IP.

House, Gypsyblood and MTR like this.
  13. C G Cooper

C G Cooper New Member

Currently my LVR is 96%
    on three investments in South Freo Perth WA
    Im all in to talk about strategy, I want to lower LVR.

Coop

14. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

It would need to be very Pos cashflowed for the cashflow to improve...either a fabulous rent return - in the order of 9 or 10% gross (on today's Loan interest rates)...

The general rule of thumb for IP holding costs (other than Loan repayments) is allow 20% of the rent to get eaten up by all the costs such as Rates, maintenance, LL insurance, PM fees and so on.

So, by the time you deduct all this and the Loan from the Gross rent; there isn't a lot of Pos Cashflow left...you can get Pos Cashlow IP's but these are Pos after tax...

Or; use a larger cash injection as a deposit to decrease the Loan amount.

Last edited: 6th Jul, 2017
    Ted Varrick and Gypsyblood like this.
  15. Phil_22

Phil_22 Well-Known Member

Thanks mate I'd really appreciate that!

At bonville I had 84 day 1 & 79 day two.

Putting let me down with 38 putts day 1 & 35 putts day 2.

I agree with the short game going first, I can generally hit most fairways and a fair amount of greens but my short game is costing me significantly.

Cheers,

Phil

Bayview likes this.
  16. Skydome

Skydome Well-Known Member

like umm 0?

Lmao. Hopefully i can get this IP sold at the end of the month (Currently waiting to see if some people who expressed interest in it get the mining contract and hopefully pull the trigger) then i can get something with higher rental.

17. NHG

NHG Well-Known Member

Started Dec 2011.

Current cashflow is $30k, down from $45k last year after increase in interest rates on owned properties.

My cut of the sub-lease property cashflow is $50k.

Starting airbnb also. Should have 6 units locked in next week for an extra $35k cashflow.

We have agents manage sub-lease and airbnbs now. Too much headache to manage it ourselves.

Sub-leasing is looking good atm, got me out of my rut, but like any business it has ups and downs.

House likes this.
  18. mc123

mc123 Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is the right thread but am really curious to ask what industry you guys work in if PAYG employee, or those who have set up succesful businesses / consultancy side hussles.

As for me, my net holding cost on 1 and a half properties is forecast to be around negative $12k (after taxes but excluding depreciation to be conservative). The half property is a future PPOR that we plan to move in to.

I am also estimating I will get $11k in share dividends for a full year (including franking)

I've been fortunate to land a finance job straight out of uni that pays high bonuses. Obviously I know this sort of compensation level will not last.

19. scientist

scientist Well-Known Member

120k + pa from a combination of property and shares

I think I'll retire when I get to 500k pa, or what I call 'surgeon passive'. An arbitrary goal chosen because in another life I would have chosen Medicine at uni and probably made a decent surgeon, but alas I didn't because of circumstances.

C-mac, JordanW, House and 1 other person like this.
  20. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I was a public servant in my previous life, it was a sheltered workshop and was hard to leave because it was a gravy train.

Danny370z and Gladys like this.