How Much Cash Flow Do You Generate Today???

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by MTR, 29th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Where are you at today, we are all here to give away the day job, can't do this without income.

We will all be a different stages and chipping away to achieve the end goal.

What does your cash flow look like today? Can you see a light at the end of the tunnel??

I guess the key is it needs to be consistent and it would be nice to be able to grow the income, ie rents, development projects, renovations, business. No point giving away the day job for another job if you don't like what you are doing

MTR:)

SOULFLY3 and Sackie like this.
  2. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

I'm in my flanny pyjamas sitting at a PC drinking coffee and eating cookies....
    That'll be about minus -$5.75 (cookies are homemade)

Yep, the sun just came out again after the rain. Another bright sunshiny day.

3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

As it stands today our overall LVR is about 20% as we consolidated some real estate in Asia to be sure we wont have any major worries going forward. We have ample cash flow from our residential portfolio in Australia and even better cash flow from commercial business in Asia. Since May of this year, we have maintained a buffer of over 1 million dollars (wife knows exact amount) which is more than enough. My partner also has her own consulting business which brings in significant cash flow with very little overheads. I think the whole 'consultant model' setup is big, big business if you have something legitimate with great value to offer clients. I am seeing it more and more on PC too with some business members.

Also, we are looking at transitioning away from bank/investor funding over the next 18 months to fully funding all our projects in the near future. We may use a very small amount of loans from JV investors but the bulk of it will be our own capital. It will feel so freeing not being reliant on banks for funding and at their mercy when things get hairy!

Last edited: 29th Jun, 2017
    C-mac, MD90, Jess Peletier and 15 others like this.
  4. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

For PPOR and IP1 (only IP currently) -$1,200 a month. Our plan for the next 10 - 15 years is to continue paying $4K - $5K plus any bonuses and pay rises into the offset, keep buying until another boom occurs then sell down enough to clear debt and live on Passive.

Current LVR across the two is 59.8% which is 56.5% PPOR and 62.8% IP1

Gypsyblood and Tranquilo like this.
  5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I am onto my second wine;):eek: and in my PJs.... that's a joke

Last edited: 29th Jun, 2017
  6. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

I generate a ******** of cashflow each year but I also spend alot each year :)

I'm getting closer and closer to the light at the end of the tunnel. Full retirement by age 40 latest is a very real possibility for me at the current time. I think I could retire now but too young.

7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

When you say 'retire', what does that look like for you?

8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

What has age got to do with it..... Financial Freedom means you have choices, if you are young and fit then perhaps you have more choices

Gypsyblood and beachgurl like this.
  9. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

Waking up at 10am, brekky at nice cafe, drive my C63 or Lambo for some R&R and play some golf. Maybe play some basketball and gym. So to the beach few times a week for a surf.

I'm also into cars and horology. So I'll spend some time on those hobbies. Maybe learn how to service mechanical watches myself. Never know. I'm an engineer so I love to learn how mechanical things work its by nature.

Mostly will be travel though. I've seen alot of the world but nowhere near the amount that I want to.

Because I like to think Im a fairly smart individual. I like to keep my brain stimulated and love to learn new things. Retiring < 35 years of age would not be a good thing for me. I still enjoy my work and learning everyday even though I am very senior now. Also I love office politics and telling dumb ppl to get lost. :)

10. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Yep, for us that's the most appealing part of it too. The traveling and exploring a lot more of this world.

kierank likes this.
  11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

My base income today would be around $180-200K pa, but have not included the income from developments/ flips at this point in time.

Also adding to the US portfolio, the keepers which have yet to be stabilised, by this I mean renovate/rent ready, nearly there with a quad (multi unit).

I expect in 12 months time this will increase significantly as we are just continually buying/flipping/holding/developing and buy more commercial properties with good cash flow.

MTR:)

Greyghost, Gypsyblood, Beano and 6 others like this.
  12. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Your set for life Marisa ;) You put the hard yards in already. enjoy the fruits :)

SOULFLY3 and MTR like this.
  13. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

I'm at about 45K currently and once I sell a few properties in a few months and pay down some debt I'll be just over 75K. So I'm sitting at a type of semi retirment where I work part time for myself, sitting in the ducted air in the comfort of my home in my ugg boots.

Shark, Travelbug, Gypsyblood and 6 others like this.
  14. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I am working on it.

No developments in Australia now though, that's put to bed, wait and see how the markets pan out over 2017-18

icic likes this.
  15. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Do you think you will come back to develop in Perth one day?

16. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yes definitely, have 2 sites but timing just not right at the moment, they just wont stack up

Ross Forrester and Sackie like this.
  17. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Depends how we shuffle things around, but 300 for doing nothing.
    Will be down to 3 days/week work in one month, which is about time....
    Fully free in 4 months.

pwt, Wukong, Gypsyblood and 8 others like this.
  18. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Mind if I ask what that commercial business it is in Asia? No sinister reason, just interested to know.

19. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

No worries. We own a few Chinese style tea shops. Not like the pretty, well fit out cafes you see here in Oz , just modest smaller shops selling traditional style tea and coffee in very popular areas with good traffic. They have the population there to make it work well with low overheads relative to what it would cost us to set similar up in Oz. Its crazy but some of the dirtiest looking shoe boxes are raking in the money there. The risks are far greater here. Wife is Chinese so it helps massively.

20. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Would that $300K be a combo of business income and rents or just net rents. If just rents, would love to know how you did it.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia