How many weeks to advertise before auction on multi million dollar property?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by alexmcc, 26th Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. alexmcc

alexmcc New Member

How long should before should we be seeing marketing and advertising on a waterfront house in Sydney worth around $4 to $5 million?

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Usual marketing campaign is 4 weeks - gets buyers to take action immediately.
    If you are the seller, allow a month before that in preparation time to style and tidy up anything you need and to get photos done.

But to answer your question - 4 weeks.

Marg4000 and wylie like this.
  3. alexmcc

alexmcc New Member

Thanks for your quick reaponse. The agent has yet to advertise and the auction is meant to be in 27 days. It is not for me but my sister.

4. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Communicate with the agent - the one I used would list on websites on the Wednesday before the first open (most buyers have listings alerts so Wednesdays are good - not super early but also not too late - giving buyers the next couple of days to figure out the open homes to attend, and the listing should still come out at the top of an internet suburb search when people look on the internet on a Thursday or Friday). Wednesday is also the day the advertising in the local papers also come out (glossy full colour advertising, always nice to flick through) so the same message all goes out on the same day via the different channels.

Last edited: 26th Feb, 2017
  5. alexmcc

alexmcc New Member

Thank you. I'll let her know

6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

4 weeks is typical - 3 weeks may be done on occasion to meet specific dates eg. Super Saturday or to beat a holiday weekend.

The shortest I have seen was 1 week as there was substantial interest. House was listed for private treaty then changed to auction adter 1st open.

7. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Can you advise which suburb?
    Not too many Sydney waterfronts left at 4-5 mil, unless it's some isolated river front, canal or similar.