Food & Dining How long to wait before cancelling Uber Eats order?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by TheRayTracer, 6th May, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

So the restaurant selects a "default waiting time" which is how the app tells you it will be xyz minutes, when you first click into a restaurant have a look at the top of the screen, it tells you the restaurant name, the food type then below that is a little clock and a time, this is the default time the restaurant has set. Outside of this how busy they are effects it heavily and unfortunately there is now way for them to update you along the way.

Most of the time if they are running late you find out when it says it's about 2 minutes from being ready then it just keeps going up by a minute each minute.

We don't really bother with the countdown anymore, we just wait till we get the alert that it's been picked up and is on it's way.

TheRayTracer likes this.
  2. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

I've seen an ad on TV a few times recently for a new show where they help people cut down their grocery spend. One family was spending $700+ in a single Coles trip. I thought it must be exaggarated for ratings but going by this, maybe it's true lol

3. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

@Cimbom the problem with this client is that the trips to the supermarket weren't large, they were actually fairly small, but very frequent. Usually about $40, but almost daily.

If it were $700 a week, then I'd be telling them to look at their shopping trolley and ask them to make decisions on what's necessary, what's nice to have and what's wasted.

I think for many people budgeting often isn't about the big ticket items, it's about all the little transactions that they don't notice. Reviewing credit card statement for another client a while back, there was numerous transactions to iTunes for $1. This client would listen to music and continuously buy songs. Upwards of $50 per day.

The big ticket items are easy to spot, but often budgeting problems are, "Death by a thousand cuts".

4. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

You're thinking of these - called Dark Kitchens - not attached to the restaurant, in a cheap location, and only does the takeaway side with significantly lower overheads

Your favourite delivery meal might not be made where you think

5. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

True - took the car in for a service today - cost $500 ... then add on the coffee $5 - the magazine because the free wifi was down $8.50 - the scratchies cause I was in the newsagents $20 (won $5) - the bacon/egg muffin on the way home $5 - petrol $40 - hay for the horses $60 ... an extra $150 in a single morning

Granted - I did need the petrol and hay

6. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

Yes, that's them. Clever idea - streamlines the whole delivery thing when restaurants don't have to juggle eat-in and take-away customers.

7. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

I've given up on UE. It always takes forever and often cold.

8. marmot

marmot Well-Known Member

Sometimes the delivery drivers will take multiple orders at the same time.
    The person last on the list will have to wait the longest.
    If your using a third party driver its not always under your control.

9. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

Maybe that's one of the perks of not being on a huge income then - you don't have the opportunity to make such purchases! I even keep a stash of chocolates in my work drawer now because I was too cheap to keep paying almost $3 for one at the cafeteria :p

10. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Problem solved

TheRayTracer likes this.

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF