How long before IPO shares become 'listed' and added to your portfolio?

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by KayTea, 1st May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. KayTea

KayTea Well-Known Member

Just trying to get an idea of timelines.....

If an IPO closed on Friday, and I've already received notification that my bid was successful, how long should I expect to wait before the share details actually become available on the ASX and various trading platforms?

The ASX has it listed as 'class pend', and they've automatically been added to the trading platform that was used to bid for them, but when I try to look them up, it says that the code doesn't exist (and I've tried in another trading platform - the code isn't available there yet, either).

It's the first time I've bought shares in an IPO, so I'm just trying to better educate myself.

TIA.

asw1 likes this.
  2. asw1

asw1 Well-Known Member

Hi KayTea.
    It will depend on the Ipo that you've signed up to. You should be able to find the information on organisations website or in the Ipo prospectus.

3. KayTea

KayTea Well-Known Member

Thanks, @asw1 - I wasn't sure if it was a company thing, or an ASX thing, that determined the date. I found it on the company's documentation - you were right :)

asw1 likes this.