How late is too late when it comes to planning?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by iwantahouse, 2nd Jan, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yep.... there are some people who are literal....quite a few on here....you can see these people coming a mile off. Awkard in social setting.... have difficulty speaking.... usually on the spectrum. ;)

2. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

As you would know, strategies and plans are meant to be “living” documents.

They should be reviewed on a regular basis and, if they aren’t working/wrong/out-of-date, they should undergo a review and approval process.
    That is not a plan; that is stupidity .

3. kierank

Nah, I am not that good :D.
    What!!!

Is that the limit of your attention span :p?

4. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Dunno, i see a lot of graph predicting growth.
    Or even the 7/10 year doubling rule being set as gospel

Even 30 yr loans even though the term is set can be paid off (offset) much quicker or slower depending on which way interest rates go

5. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Youse knows...any good pitch has to be short and brief?

Did dhey not edumacate in Cane Toad territory..... you don't want to be shown up by a la cucharacha....

6. kierank

Is there a 2 line English summary of this monsieur? :p

7. sash

sash Well-Known Member

"ang on will need Sir @datto to translate...... yo hoo ...datts please translate....:D

datto and kierank like this.
  8. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Something like a Madam I believe. Hang on 10 minutes and I'll ask her.

9. MicrowaveJenny

MicrowaveJenny Well-Known Member

OP, I asked myself the same question as a bewildered single parent emerging from a financially crippling 100k settlement debt.

But only briefly.

Soon, it quickly turned into a project starting with assembling the right team, formulating a specific plan, and cultivating the right mind set. There were no magic solutions or pie-in-the-sky ideas. Just simple planning, tenacity and absolute focus. Very quickly, that question of 'lateness' lost relevance, because the 'project' became my all-encompassing focus and perfect distraction all in one. I just stopped looking at the rear vision mirror entirely.

Four years later, debt free. The following 2 years, bought first IP. Looking ahead, I have a plan for the next year, which feeds into a 5 year plan, and so on. BTW, I started older than you.

Specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time based. And surround yourself with the right team who can educate and motivate. Be sure to include key members from this forum into your team, to soak up knowledge and experience.

Codie, The Y-man, kierank and 6 others like this.
  10. kierank

Very SMART ;).

11. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Op, can you feel the difference in the tone of your post and microwavejennys post?

hers is a reply to someone saying how are you going to do it and she replies ‘this is what im going to do....’

yours is a reply to someone sating this is what you need to do and you reply ‘but......’

iwantahouse likes this.
  12. iwantahouse

iwantahouse Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Reflecting about this now after a while.

I feel so much in peace now. I think I was overwhelmed with lots of things going on, buying our first home, with little savings after settlement, I was kind of lost, I didn't know where to go.

I'm going to be honest with you guys, I still don't have a plan at the moment but I will soon, still so many things going on at home, trying to be a tradie :D doing gardening, this is a long term process while I learn things every day.

I thank you guys for all your inputs, I value them all, specially the hard ones, they are the ones that bring me back to reality.

And the baby is going to be a boy! we are very excited guys.

I will pop up frequently around landscaping and renovation threads asking a lot.

Heinz57 likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia