How Hard Do You Want It?......Or Go Hard, Or Go Home!

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by skater, 6th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. devank

devank Well-Known Member

Wait till your kids get more toys for their Christmas than what you got in your whole time and still don't appreciate them :)

We tend to give them money in small amounts for variaous things. When they have about $20 then we go to a toy store. Our 7 year old girl decided to buy for just $5 and keep the rest for bigger things. I was happy with that.
    5 year old boy decided by a Transformer for $10 and another one for his 3 year old brother. I was touched... so I bought him a more expensive bigger Transformer. See.. it is we parents who spoil them :)

BigKahuna likes this.
  2. skater

skater Well-Known Member

It's not about what you earn. It's what you do with it!

Sackie, hobo and alexm like this.
  3. Omnidragon

Omnidragon Well-Known Member

Skating ring is a high risk hobby

4. Ryan Donnelly

Ryan Donnelly Member

Thanks for sharing @skater. The poem by Walter D Wintle, is exceptional. I read it for the first time when reading Napoleon Hill's classic - Think and Grow Rich.

You're living proof that as humans we really are 'what we think'. As the greats before us have quoted in each their own way below:

Andrew Carnegie mentor to ---> Napoleon Hill).

"The man who acquires the ability to take full possession of his own mind may take possession of anything else to which he is justly entitled." - Andrew Carnegie

Napoleon Hill mentor to ---> Earl Nightingale.

"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve." Napoleon Hill

Earl Nightingale mentor to ---> Bob Proctor.

"Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become a reality" - Earl Nightingale

Bob Proctor.

"Thoughts become things. if you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand." - Bob Proctor

BigKahuna and skater like this.
  5. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

Skater, your hard work ethic and tenacity is such an inspiration. From reading Lil' Skaters posts on ss I can see the 'go hard' attitude has robbed off. You're kids are lucky to have such amazing parents :cool:

skater likes this.
  6. skater

skater Well-Known Member

LOL! We were tough on our kids, as parents. I believed it was my job, not to be their friend, and make life easy, but to teach them to be tough, to be able to take care of themselves & not just survive, but thrive. I wanted them both to have these skills by the time they were both legally an adult (18), so that if anything happened to them, they were well equipped to take on the world & become the best they could be.

This did backfire somewhat, when Lil packed her bags & moved to Melbourne on her own at age 18, to fend for herself, and although that broke my heart, she has done exactly what she was brought up to do, and I couldn't be prouder. She's now married with a young child, and running her own successful Business.

KMD and sanj like this.
  7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

It’s the simple, yet powerful truths like you just said @skater that makes the entire difference. I used to work with many, many people earning upwards of 400k. Quite a few of them were still renting, no investments (at least from what they told me) and some even managed to spend their entire monthly salary before the next pay day. And it was largely the same people who would complain in the staff room how property was unaffordable lol

Then there were people who worked in the same place, with much more modest wages of around 70pa, had young kids, and had a few ips, a ppor and cash. It’s completely a myth that you need to have a 'big' income to build wealth.

8. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

I know a couple of cleaners who have probably never earned more than $50k pa each. They live in Sydney and have a large property portfolio of Sydney properties!

skater, ellejay, Phantom and 4 others like this.

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.