How good is your time management?Do you waste time?

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by MyDarlinghurst, 20th Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member Business Member

well some ppl say "80% of the work is done in the last 20% of time left", wondering what we usually do with the other 80% of the time.

so often we say "time management", how do ppl benchmark it? by the tasks we completed and the to do list we ticked off? or by the outcomes we reached ( which may well not be measurable by time line)

2. MyDarlinghurst

MyDarlinghurst Well-Known Member

You have confused me Erico_O

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I'm here aren't I? :confused:

4. TyroneS

TyroneS Well-Known Member

There's heaps of Apps available to track time. I currently use one called Eternity Time Log on the App Store. It's free and have been using it for over 6 months and shows where I am spending my time each day.

I have been intentional in blocking out time for personal stuff (e.g. exercise, relaxing time with kids, Movies, etc) because it's just too easy to work all the time.

Also it does come back down to the 80/20 rule (or The Pareto principle).

Overall we need to see what we value and determine what is important to us and if it's not important, then yes it's considered a "waste of time"...

5. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member Business Member

my apology @MyDarlinghurst , let me try to re phrase it and hopefully I can make better sense ( English is my second language, and sometimes I confuse myself)

by say " so often we say "time management", how do ppl benchmark it? by the tasks we completed and the to do list we ticked off? or by the outcomes we reached ( which may well not be measurable by time line)",

I mean we are discussing how effectively we are on using our time, i.e how many tasks we could accomplish or how many boxes we could tick within a given time ( which can be bench marked). however these tasks and boxes may or may not help us achieving our more conceptual goals, such as happy family life, good kids, well-being of ourselves ( these are difficult to measure by metrics)

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.