How do you see upcoming Spring market going?

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by PropDir, 28th Aug, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. PropDir

PropDir Well-Known Member Business Member

Hi all,

How do you view the upcoming September spring auction clearances and market activity?

There are heavy lockdowns currently in Sydney, but stock still seems to be moving - auction clearances were 85% last week, so still very very good.

Do you see major differences in % growth during spring across the different states/cities?

Good to hear your thoughts.

2. Boss

Boss Well-Known Member

Market activity across regional Australia is further increasing...due largely...to the lockdowns in Sydney and Melbourne.

So no chance of market activity declining across regional Australia for the foreseeable future.

PropDir likes this.
  3. Arthurark

Arthurark Well-Known Member

Market will just point north like always. No one will think twice, the government has your back etc.

I just question if the government has any control over what happens next. I’d say they decidedly have less influence on housing than at anytime prior to 2021.

4. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Go from nuts to insanity.

Predicting the emergence of fist fights at auctions, and horses will be punched.

5. djyella

djyella Well-Known Member

No idea but taking a punt and putting my IP in Brisbane on market for auction in October.

Someguy likes this.
  6. PropDir

hahhaha

7. PropDir

Interesting - could I ask where your IP is located in Brisbane? I would have thought holding onto it would be worthwhile in the current situation.

8. djyella

djyella Well-Known Member

4171 postcode, plenty of upside but the property type (essentially freehold townhouse) is harder to move in slow market and it doesn’t have as much upside as normal house with decent block . I will be selling it to fund PPOR purchase, also in Brisbane.

Patrick Bateman and Sackie like this.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.