How do you save money?

Discussion in 'Money Management & Banking' started by 3DM, 19th Jan, 2009.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. 3DM

3DM New Member

Here’s the first episode in a series we’ve developed for UBank. Money Box is the world of finance made simple and easy to understand. In the first episode we talk about what the credit crunch is all about and how Australians are really saving their money. All with a light-hearted and entertaining look, Money Box will help you make the most of your money right now. Hope you like it.
    YouTube - Money Box Episode 1 - Credit crunch

Last edited by a moderator: 17th Sep, 2016
  2. Chris C

Chris C Well-Known Member

LOL you know the world is in trouble when people are trying to see the "funny" side of all the financial turmoil.

3. Iaminsydney

Iaminsydney New Member

episode 2??

That was good when is episode 2 coming on boARD??

4. 3DM

3DM New Member

Hi. We aim to launch the next episode mid Feb.

5. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Very cute :)
    So do hippos really run faster?!!

6. Andrew Newman

Andrew Newman Well-Known Member

That was cool.

Look forward to seeing more.

Anything that makes money issues more accessible to the average investor has to be good - add a bit of humour and it's even better.

Cheers

7. 3DM

3DM New Member

Episode 2 has now launched...

The second episode is now live. Its all about the recession:

8. 3DM

3DM New Member

Investing in property v's stock

Episode 4 has just launched - you can check it out here:

9. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

I love these! Particularly the line about negative gearing "It's a bit like being congratulated for losing". Golden :D

10. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Hi Jacque,

It is a good line. Check out Animated Ernie in Episode 3 (you've got to find it in YouTube) when he goes clubbing...

Cheers,

Dan

11. TROM

TROM Active Member

I save money by not spending a certain amount. No matter what I just take it out each fortnight and put it away until i have enough saved for my purpose.

12. fundies

fundies New Member

Compound interest on my swelling deposit is all the incentive I need.:)

13. wdongli

wdongli Well-Known Member

Saving is important but it has to be done after you could make the money.

How to save the money should not be a matter to count what we have and stop spending. If so you would limit your life and waste your lovely life. The best saving plan is to make the money even it means you would spend some but if you know how to make the money you would get more money at last. So saving should be part of your life plan but not all of it. Some sages said something like: Get more and spend less but never save too much.

How could we get more tomorrow? Do we need saving to spend being alive, getting the knowledge and skills to get more, spend some we could afford to reward we could get more, and then happily to see the money accumulated with your success? Anything should be thought in details somehow to make it possible but you still need to get you out of the details and see some big picture ahead. If you could zoom in to see details and zoom out to see your future needs, you would find ways to make more and spend more without breaking up with the money!

Do you think it wastes the money that someone buy a private plane? Maybe or maybe not! It really depend on what's for and whether or not the expenses make him in financial troubles. Making money is simple but never easy. Do you find the easiest way to make what you could, find another easy way for more, more, and much more, and repeat since you could enjoy what you do?

So strategically saying the best saving is to spend the affordable money in the economical way to get the ability to make more money!

14. Jsun

Jsun New Member

Well the CNBC Million Dollar Portfolio Challenge might help you get some cash to save. That private jet might not seem so extravagant if you win! http://milliondollar.cnbc.com/