How do you find partners in buying a IP? 50/50 share

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Darlinghurst Boy, 28th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

This will depend on the value of the real property owned by the trustee and the state the property is in.

2. 158

158 Well-Known Member

That's getting into a syndicate. Perhaps even more complex.

pinkboy

3. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

As Pinkboy said above, the best form might be a syndicate (or even an unlisted REIT?).

I did have money in a syndicate that bought a block of apartments to reno and resell - went bad.... :oops:

There is a definite overhead in terms of compliance, management, taxes, etc. These days, the only similar ventures my money is going into would be single building unlisted prop trusts.

The Y-man

hobo likes this.
  4. citystar

citystar Well-Known Member

I have been approached by a few friends to do joint venture in purchasing investment properties and small development projects however I avoid it due to the following popular saying, "keep it simple stupid." Happy to share my advice and tricks of the trade with them for free...

5. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

DB, is it for finance reasons?

Might be much easier to set up a loan with the "someone" - offer interest 1%~5% over current loan rates depending on what you are offering up as security.

If they were game enough to go into buying the actual property with you, then surely a loan is less risky for them?

The Y-man