How do you find out if planning/building permits have been refused before on land?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Dumbo, 21st Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Dumbo

Dumbo Active Member

Is there a way to find out if permission to build on a block has been refused before? Is there somewhere online to search, or will councils usually tell you if you ring up and give an address?

I keep seeing blocks which looks great, but there must be a reason why the current owners havent build on them. One such block with amazing views was listed with previous drawing from an architect. It was only after I contacted him for further information that he informed me that there had been lots of problems with council due to the slope of the site and it being located in a bushfire area.. Council gave them a massive list of things to comply with, and even then said it wasn't inclined to approve the house even if they were met! This was despite the people who bought it having sought advice off council and meeting with them prior to buying/settling!

Just trying to avoid falling into this trap.

Thanks guys.

2. Agent30yrs.

Agent30yrs. Well-Known Member

For Qld, there is a site called pdonline where you can do just that

3. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Many council websites have the DA info available online
    Otherwise the telephone

Connor likes this.

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.