How do I attach a video from iPhone?

Discussion in 'PropertyChat Community & Website' started by Ambit, 31st Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ambit

Ambit Well-Known Member

As the title says, I'm unable to attach a video from my iPhone, doesn't have an acceptable suffix?

2. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

To add to this forum or send via email? If it's the former then install the YouTube app or some other video site app and they generally have an option to upload from your phone.

3. Ambit

Ambit Well-Known Member

It's to add to this forum. Thanks, I have the app I'll give it a go

4. jaybean

Yeah just go to your photo, click the arrow button you use to email them and there will be a YouTube option there.

5. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

Tell siri to do it. She has been getting lazy nowadays!

Jacque likes this.
  6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Staples generally work ok, I prefer using treasury tags or sticky tape.

7. Ambit

Ambit Well-Known Member

Maybe a very large hammer and a six inch nail, I uploaded to YouTube but can't find the URL, there's no toolbar or whatever on the video and googling the problem so far hasn't helped.
    Gave up last night and now at work so will try again tonight.

Scott No Mates likes this.
  8. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Login to your Youtube account (not Google) and your uploads will be easy to find. On left of page after login will be MyChannel....Thats where your uploads are. The videos will be in 2 sections...Only you can view and subs. Just watch your settings dont make all video's private or nobody can watch or find a thing. To fix click the cog wheel for settings beside the RED subs button and and change privacy setting for video's on the first option.

You can also find video's under Video Manager its where videos are edited and sent to upload

Click the video and then paste the URL. I think its something to be done on a PC tablet etc. Not phone. Without full channel permissions it will be a garbage address and cant be changed to anything meaningful.

Easiest way is to create a line of text in PC eg Video of my reno then highlight it and click the link on toolbar (looks like a 8 laying down). Then paste the URL into the box. Click OK

9. jaybean

I'm the same. I always log into the webpage on my laptop and spend a minute aimlessly hunting for my uploads. YouTube needs to make it easier to find your own videos.

10. Ambit

Ambit Well-Known Member

Thanks Paul, think using iPhone was big part of the problem, then my PM said the issue was more complicated than it looked from the video he sent me so it wasn't worth posting for help from PCers. I will have another go at getting it right though for the next time. Think my privacy setting may be wrong too as you suggest.