How could l best invest $100 a week ?

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by random, 21st Sep, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

I never understood the fascination of vegetarian food to taste/feel like meat.
    You either eat meat or you don't.

Silverson, sharon and Terry_w like this.
  2. Niche

Niche Well-Known Member

Maybe you enjoy meat in terms of texture and taste but don't eat it due the guilt of animals being killed.

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

That's a one in two outcome as well. :rolleyes:

4. random

random Well-Known Member

Well , l've chosen a company , nope l can't name it ,,, yet ,,, but it should be a good buy in a few weeks .
    Mind you while l'm waiting l might change my mind or find something l like more but it's very good and a great time to buy , l'm estimating huge gains over the next 2-3yrs chart backs it up.
    Hopefully l'll be back to gloat in a few years haha.

5. random

random Well-Known Member

Gf friends vegan , Italian vegan , doesn't get much hotter than that.
    She makes a vegan lasagna you'd die for , yep, don't ask me what's in it l have no clue but it;s effg delicious almost better than the real thing.
    l'm not vegan or straight veg but l sort of do hover around it as l don't eat much meat , some but not a lot. Add gf's cooking which you wouldn't even know is vegan .
    But it is weird because once you cut right back or don't eat meat at all for awhile as l did for 5 yrs while up in Nth Qld , again add into it living with a vegan it's well for me anyway actually a bit of a turn off even still now 20yrs later.
    Mind you if she wasn't so brilliant with food l wouldn't eating a lot of her stuff but it's so nice l do.

6. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Fake bacon is nothing like real bacon.
    There is nothing in the world like pork crackling.
    Put me in a blindfold and I will not be fooled that fake KFC is real.

I dont believe anyone who eats fake food knows what the real stuff actually tastes like. They just have themselves convinced and I dont quite get why. And one day we will probably learn that the plant based stuff is toxic to your liver or causes other issues.

Try giving a dog avocado, chocolate, onions, grapes or some nuts. Or plant based meat...I bet they know.

Yum

Here are some things you might not know are in that veggie burger:
    • Tertiary butylhydroquinone. ...
    • Magnesium carbonate. ...
    • Erythosine (Red #3). ...
    • Propylene glycol. ...
    • Ferric orthophosphate.

Redwing and sharon like this.
  7. random

random Well-Known Member

Not sayin her stuff is better but it is nice and nothing fake she's ltalian man.
    l've never thought much of vegan or veggo either especially for a bloke l only went off it because l didn't like the meat up north but again mind you , my women when others are falling apart is as healthy as a horse gorgeous skin and built like a 28yr old at 51 soooo, l dunno. l often wonder if her skin and youth is her diet.
    Funny you mention bacon , yep l love the stuff.

Last edited: 3rd Oct, 2019
  8. random

random Well-Known Member

Anyway enough of the food stuff ahhh, ain't the topic and l'm done with the topic so we'll call it a night on this one. Cheers

9. number 5

number 5 Well-Known Member

This is completely inaccurate. I’m a vego, I don’t push it on anyone, nor do I care what other people put into their bodies.

I’m not going to profess to know a lot about different types of steak, so please don’t dribble out uneducated opinions on what meat substitute products taste like or are made up of.

random, Snowball and Propagate like this.
  10. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

Always amazes me that vegan/veggo's get vilified for being militant, "ramming their views down people throats" etc etc, yet this thread is another prime example of how I have found it to be the exact opposite. I posted one link as a response to potential for punting a small amount into area that may be fruitful for investing. The vegan sector is growing massively, not just "fake meats". There's an enormous amount of untapped growth potential that will make a lot of people very rich in the next few years, yet instead of discussing the investment merits (or not), what followed are more posts with the usual anti-vegan nonsense.

Redwing, random, Snowball and 4 others like this.
  11. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

"Trying is the first step towards failure" Homer
    Agree, what a complete non sense.
    I mean who cares who eats what?
    Seems so odd to me why people are made to feel different because they eat or not a certain category of food. Should we start discrimination against people who don’t eat fruits or bread or nuts ?
    Odd

but I found your article interesting @Propagate and I have found myself eating less meat too over the last few months, and I would not be surprised if we saw this segment of the market grow in the future.

12. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

Its much easier to reply with ignorance than actually get educated on a subject.

I'm not either, and respect everyone's choices. But to Vilify a group that actually stand up for animals and want to make a difference is, well. Weak.

13. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

There's plenty of 'fake' product out there, last week we tried a dairy free mozzarella, I'll stick with tofu-de-beast, it couldn't even trick the kids.

When you look around, there's plenty of options which aren't shoved down your throat as veggo or vegan - pop into a Lebanese deli and the variety of meals which are chickpea or lentil based. Likewise with Indian, Asian, Moroccan/African.

It's only due to the influence of the Europeans, that much of the rest of the world want to appear affluent and increase the quantity of meat in their diets.

number 5 likes this.
  14. random

random Well-Known Member

l don't think that industry will be that big tbh , but thanks for the suggestion non the less.

Buttttt, tis with a teary eye l write, the stock l wanted has spiked 30% since l last posted but no l didn't buy it as yet because l wasn't ready and l could see it would at the time but then drop back for a rest. lt should still do it but not as low as l hoped l don't think, spiked much higher than l expected this run, bugger.
    l'd like to put it in here so we could follow it especially as some went out of their way to suggest stocks and thanks again, but that'd just be a really bad move it's already getting enough attention.

Ah well , l sit in wait and ready haha. But meanwhile l might do some more scooting through that new company link someone put in and thanks for that also btw. Be nice to get into something while it's still below a buck really , the one l have in mind has taken off to above 3 now, 12 mths ago would've been the go. Always easy to say after the fact though l know.

15. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    cha ching.... May I ask why the $100 per week isn't being used to pay down debt ?

If you have non deductible debt, getting rid of it as fast as possible by making $5200 per annum in extra repayments should be top of the agenda. Every extra dollar repaid has a compounding benefit

If you don't have any non deductible debt, why not migrate loans to P&I and start paying them down? Given the inevitability of P&I repayments being required at some point anyway, there doesn't seem much sense in delaying it in my view. The sooner you migrate, the less pain later. If you migrate to P&I after 5 years IO for example, the P&I repayment increase is @45-50% over IO. But if you go after 10 years of IO the P&I repayment adjustment is approaching 60% , and so it goes.... the longer you leave it, the bigger the P&I adjustment.

If you are fortunate enough to be in a position to refinance the IO to debt to new 30 year terms that's great... you can kick the can down the road a while..... until you cant anymore. At some point, servicing will be sidelined for age , and the bank computer will increasingly seek to say no.... so as I said, given the eventual inevitability of P&I...makes sense....

Either approach to debt reduction will provide compounding benefits. You will create equity by reducing debt . You will improve borrowing power by reducing debt, and you will improve holding power as well ...... and if its the INV debt you attack, remember that as the debt goes down and the rents increase ( even modestly) that $100 per week will become $110 per week, then $120 per week, then $130 per week etc etc etc.... further compounding things ...

They call it the snowball effect I believe ;)

Last edited: 16th Oct, 2019
  16. random

random Well-Known Member

Thanks for that euro, lot of people passing through will learn a lot from that , good of you to lay it all out like that.
    My sitch , l don't really have any right now to pay down.
    That's how l tried explain first post it's just a little bit of spare money l wanna put into something exiting.

Last edited: 17th Oct, 2019
  17. random

random Well-Known Member

Hate to use my grandmother as an example in a forum full of men haha but here's what she did with a windfall she got 3k 40 yrs ago.
    A deposit on 70ac, subdivided 4 or 6 forget, payed out the loan, put some into shares, lived of the rest and bought another property cash, did that up rented it out, hasn't worked since she was 35, love to know what she's worth now from that 3k.
    l don't wanna do all that, 20yrs ago maybe, done with property but just sayin, you could do a lot with 26k butttt, think l'll just have it debited straight to my trade acc keep buying shares.
    Get bored with shares though don't ya , if your not trading there's nothin to do.

Last edited: 17th Oct, 2019
  18. random

random Well-Known Member

l'll tell you bout my multi millionaire mate that was on the dole when he started and had never had a job, nother day haha.
    Actually maybe , he might be sneaking round here somewhere.

19. random

random Well-Known Member

Just checkin out bitcoins chart , l wouldn't be at all surprised if it's all over from here. Unless something happens to refire the whole crypto thing again. Man, gonna be just as many people hurting very very badly over that if it does , as there was riches created.

20. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

What did you wind up doing @random ?

DoggaPP likes this.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice