How could l best invest $100 a week ?

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by random, 21st Sep, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Zenith Chaos

Zenith Chaos Well-Known Member

Good point. Is this after tax or before tax $100? How close to preservation age?

If after tax you'll actually have more to put into Super than $100. The closer to preservation age the earlier you get access.

I put money into FGX / FGG via commsec with free brokerage when I have $1000 and they drop. They may accept $100 trades but certainly $500. These invest across multiple fund managers for a flat fee of 1% that goes to charity. I don't do it for the charity but it's a bit of chocolate sauce on top of the ice cream.

Super is probably your best option.

2. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Gold has shot up spectacularly in the last few months. The gold I bought in 2008 was sitting on about an equivalent of 5%pa growth compounding, but currently sits at over 9%pa.

The Y-man

3. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

With an active debt recycling strategy......... triple bang for the 100 bucks !

Non ded debt reduction
    Broaden Investment base
    Increase tax paid income

For those with an iron stomach, you can double gear the investment into the equities market with a low lvr Margin lend.

ta
    rolf

Kassy, QldKoolies and Terry_w like this.
  4. PandS

PandS Well-Known Member

Risk free, tax free earning :)

5. Isla_Nublar

Isla_Nublar Well-Known Member

I would say keep it in a savings account. If you are only clearing $100 a week from your investment property, if something were to go wrong, then you don't have a lot of flexibility to replace ac, hot water systems, fence, oven, taps, let alone call in an electrician, plumber, tiler, painter etc. Best return will be the sleep at night factor if I was in your shoes...

Greedo likes this.
  6. random

random Well-Known Member

Ahh right thanks rw , interesting. Yeah l didn't mean bitcoin itself looked at it's chart few weeks ago , just couldn't see it goin on , l think it's just fizzling now like the others have.Def' heading down probably way down yet in the near future , God only knows if we'd ever see it up there again in the long future though or any of them for that matter. Maybe the fads just ran it's course and crypto's not gonna be the new money after all, who bloody knows eh.
    But l was more thinking of just one of the other cryptos . Was trading them two years ago but pulled out when their charts looked like they were gonna be flat for a year or so then l got sidetracked, Some of them had a bit of action but l was amazed bitcoin went up to 19 or something , it was 10 at the time and then l thought it'd run it's course.
    lt may';ve now though looking at the charts l think unless something happens.
    Anyway yeah ritio though eh thanks for the thoughts, see what happens in the next wk or so eh.

Last edited: 27th Sep, 2019
  7. random

random Well-Known Member

Haaaa, no worries there that'd put me to sleep alright. But nah that's obviously not my only as l said at the start it's just some money that's all , everything's covered.
    But eh , l know , you sure can't go wrong even just saving any spare money that's for sure can you hey , slow but steady.

8. random

random Well-Known Member

l've got it, and l can feel the screaming already haha.
    a 100bucks a week on lotto .
    l reckon if you did that consistently every week for 5 yrs, wk in wk out no ifs no buts, you'd probably win the biggie or at least min' double or triple your 25k or whatever on 2nds ,3'rds 4 and 5ths .
    Just one 2nd is often that much sometimes a lot more. Me and ex won a 3rd twice and dozens of 4ths and 5ths back when we use to do lotto. That was just a few bucks a week on one small ticket. We lost those exact numbers damn it , never been able duplicate them but we ran that one ticket 5yrs or so before, that puppy was gonna win for sure one day. The pain.

9. random

random Well-Known Member

Yeah l know more talking back when it was really goin off though.

10. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

You do realise lotto has the worse odds out of pretty much any gambling game? The house edge is something like 50%.

While things like roulette and blackjack are around 5%. You're a lot better off taking that money each week and putting it on black.

Codie, Redwing and Kassy like this.
  11. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

...or as I often say, if the odds are stacked against the gambler, buy shares in TAB instead....

The Y-man

sharon and Angel like this.
  12. random

random Well-Known Member

Just took another look at fav' crypto l was trading back when. A few ran a little more later but the rest did what l thought

ps, l'll have to check out Tab shares haha

13. random

random Well-Known Member

Just checked out afterpay . God almighty l was gonna buy that 12mths ago yaknow , l got sidetracked, knew it'd take off. 12 x in 18mths now that's what l'm talkin about.

Last edited: 1st Oct, 2019
  14. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

random likes this.
  15. random

random Well-Known Member

Mind you whoever said gold , if we think about it, possible recession , big moves highly possible.

16. QldKoolies

QldKoolies Well-Known Member

Jesus if you’re thinking Lotto, I reckon putting it into a dinner with an attractive person, a personal training session and a massage every month will pay off much higher in the long run.

wilso8948 likes this.
  17. random

random Well-Known Member

What 400 a mth ? Anyway , l already have that all the time, tis nice to haha.
    Cept the personal trainer , no thanks.

18. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

sharon likes this.
  19. PandS

PandS Well-Known Member

Until they discoverer to save the planet they have to killed themselves with chemical with highly processed food

look at the plant based meat make up

Water, Soy Protein Concentrate, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavors, 2% or less of: Potato Protein, Methylcellulose, Yeast Extract, Cultured Dextrose, Food Starch Modified, Soy Leghemoglobin, Salt, Soy Protein Isolate, Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Zinc Gluconate, Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12.

20. Burgs

Burgs Well-Known Member

KISS = wholefoods