How can I hide a thread or ignore a thread?

Discussion in 'PropertyChat Community & Website' started by larrylarry, 15th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MGF

MGF Well-Known Member

Simon, having posts that explicitly discuss posters on your forum is a bad idea. It is personal, it is an attack and when you don't moderate them to stop it, you encourage a culture to develop in a certain direction.

It starts to manifest as people coming into threads just to write "Yawn, eyeroll". They're not contributing.

I ask you to shut this thread, delete comments about trolling and to make a commitment to encouraging a good culture. Otherwise you're going to find a lot of cross-talk about posters developing and that's definitely not the intention of the site is it?

2. Esel

Esel Well-Known Member

While i think this forum has the best functionality of any forum ive visited, the moderation is a bit loosey goosey.

I would imagine that Simon has some bias and a conflict of interest when moderating a discussion about the ethics and risk of property investment on his income producing PI forum.

Interesting to compare comments in this thread to this thread https://propertychat.com.au/community/threads/moderators-not-taking-action.4203/

3. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

I must agree with your post ... I also found people following me and making nasty comments...Seems this forum has a lot of posters who are actually not Property Investors but maybe guys who are on the disability pensions etc and have nothing to do all day but go from one forum to another putting others down.

I actually had a room mate who did that.
    He would go from one forum to another putting others down.
    He was a loner and agroup of them would take over a forum and just berate others that joined.

I stopped posting on here as I had about 2 posters constantly following me and making comments that I needed to prove that I owned the IP I had been renovating.

I went as far as posting receipts of my building supplies and started posting pics of my renovations of my IP' s before and after work before I gave up because of the nasty comments relating to renovations or putting the "yawn" face in.

I often wondered why those people would want to come to this forum to look at renovation pics and then make "yawn" faces.?
    If there not interested why come here to the forum ?

I guess a lot is spitefulness and jealously that you have achieved something and these people sitting all day at home on a computer havent achieved anything and must find a way to put you down.
    I dont think this forum will reach its full potential because of this.

But who knows , maybe its the opposite forums who are sending their nasty people here to finish it off.
    I dont think the Mod here is the brightest flower in the bunch either and im sure most of you agree.
    I will remain a reader but I dont want to post.

Last edited by a moderator: 7th Nov, 2015
  4. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Flattery will get you everywhere ;)

5. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

Mate why do you buy into the ********.. Apologies for criticising, but why take the time to indulge in such negative energy.
    Ignore those who you don't like, don't go into the threads you don't like. Simple..
    Strength of mind.

6. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

No, you stopped posting on here because you were banned for abusing other members.

hobo, bob shovel and DaveM like this.
  7. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

You just did

8. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

I think ive seen a movie like this... club fight I think it was called

Last edited: 7th Nov, 2015
  9. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

Did you create another account and then use an almost identical name for your new account?

10. AndrewTDP

AndrewTDP Well-Known Member

Don't talk about it...

mrdobalina likes this.
  11. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Didn't you get banned?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.