QLD How are your investments in Logan Going

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by sash, 2nd May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Plutus

Plutus Well-Known Member

Agreed. Logan isn't going to beat the "logan bogan" reputation in any poster on here's lifetime & that's always going to hurt growth. If residents take Joe Hockey's advice and "get a good job", they're going to get out of dodge (logan) asap.

Strathpine:
    • 2km's closer to the CBD
    • Coming from the northside, so don't have to bottleneck at a bridge to get to the city
    • Doesn't have the same bogan rep
    • Is much more convenient for going to the airport
    • Has really easy access to some beautiful bayside spots
    I mean Sandgate is only 15 minutes down the road (less on weekends with no traffic) & for median house prices we're talking $580k for a 3br in sandgate vs $355k in Strathpine.

Err I mean, no Logan is a great area, all the southerners should keep pumping money into it. :rolleyes:

2. luckystar

luckystar Well-Known Member

Seems regardless of your opinion values have and probably will continue to rise a way

• 2km's closer to the CBD
    Strathpine is 44min away from the CBD compared to underwood that is 26min which would be the start of Logan, maybe someone needs to show you how to use a map
    • Coming from the northside, so don't have to bottleneck at a bridge to get to the city
    The traffic is just as bad if not worse on the Northside, maybe you have never been to Brisbane? which would fit with the rest of your flawed post
    • Doesn't have the same bogan rep
    maybe in your opinion...but doesn't seem to have turned many investors away so can't really see how this matters when prices are rising
    • Is much more convenient for going to the airport
    Yeah like everyone drives to the airport everyday
    • Has really easy access to some beautiful bayside spots
    Where's the Gold Coast again?

Btw I'm a fan of Strathpine but your post is just toilet paper

3. Plutus

Plutus Well-Known Member

I made comments about a suburb, you went personal attack, but hey, I'll reply anyway.

Haha you think you're ever going to make it from Logan to the CBD in 26 minutes. Cute.

Lived here my whole life & have lived on both sides of the river.. Meanwhile I note you live in NSW :rolleyes:

Google Logan bogan or listen to the mayors yearly-ish gripe on "we're not all bogans". Seriously have you ever been to logan?

Huge numbers of QLD'ers FIFO up north or semi regularly go down to company HQ's in Syd & Melb. Very few businesses have their head office here & not everyone can work for the government or suncorp...

Ahh yes, lets compare a 15 minute drive to 45 minutes to 1.5 hours (school holidays, etc) on a highway... A nice coastal area to a tacky tourist strip. If anything this screams ignorant southerner, The Sunshine Coast is much nicer & not that much further assuming you're going to be driving down more toward Burleigh anyway....

I actually live here, unlike you apparently ;)

4. norwoodman

norwoodman Well-Known Member

Admittedly the trains from the north and west to the city are quicker than from the southside generally. Strathpine to Central is 36 minutes while Woodridge to Central is 44 minutes! Driving would reverse things around given that the only bits of motorway between Strathpine and the city either run straight into a bottleneck or are tolled.

5. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yep Plutus...one of my points....that the perception of Qlders does matter.....because at some point the Southern investors will pull back...then what?

Thus why I also like to hear what the locals have to say.

And yes you are correct the Sunshine Coast beaches are much nicer! Don't get me wrong the GC has come a long way...but elements of it are downright tacky ..cheap...and sometimes dangerous...

6. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

Yep this is simmering along nicely, a few personal attacks already, by page 7 it should really get going.

7. Plutus

Plutus Well-Known Member

The southside is pretty funky train wise. They set aside land back in the 80's to duplicate the Cleveland line (so trains didn't have to hold at stations to pass). its a pretty long route too due to snaking through manly, hemmant, etc. If I'm remembering correctly it got bumped back again a few years ago from 2018 ish to 2020+. Don't think it will ever happen.

Interesting to see that the government is finally starting to shift their planning away from roads and cars, or even roads and busses, to trains, trams, etc.

8. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

People are here to discuss and learn. Let us restrict to that please.

9. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Just in time too...when I was driving around both the Southside and Northside of Brissie the traffic was murder. What will it be like in another 5 years..probably a car park?

Most people in Brissie still use their cars...that may have to change in the future....

10. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

Wait wait...... I'll be right back, just getting my popcorn

Luke T likes this.
  11. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

When did sydney move away from cars? If brissy is 10 years behind things should be changing soon?

Brissy needs clover moore, some crayons and some bike lanes!

Brian84 likes this.
  12. Beanie Girl

Beanie Girl Well-Known Member

Indeed! And did I tell you that Woodridge has 2 train stations? 2 !!!!
    Woodridge station and Trinder Park station.
    How many Brisbane suburbs have 2 dedicated train stations !!!
    Oh yes and by the way, the following Logan suburbs have a dedicated train station, and the express train to Gold Coast runs along this railway line ;) (as well as to the city)
    Underwood - Kuraby station
    Woodridge - Trinder Park station and Woodridge station
    Logan Central - Woodridge station
    Kingston - Kingston train station
    Loganlea train station
    Bethania train station
    Edens Landing train station
    Holmview train station
    Beenleigh train station

Lenny likes this.
  13. Lenny

Lenny Well-Known Member

As a Brisbane local Beanie I would never not live within walking distance to a train station now. I've done buses and no way - not even them anymore.

We were joking about it in G20 planning that 5-10 strategically broken down cars in Brisbane could bring the city to a temporary gridlock. Tow trucks can't get up some highways (eg. Centenary Highway) because they can't move so it takes time to clear...

You know when a city starts building extremely expensive tunnels they are running out of options.

Trains for me.

Beanie Girl likes this.
  14. Beanie Girl

It's not just the Southerners pumping money into Logan
    Guess who's on the southside in droves?

Look at this Kingston property re ad that appeared just yesterday

8 Gilia Street Kingston Qld 4114 - House for Sale #122598858 - realestate.com.au

8 Gilia Street Kingston Qld 4114
    LUCKY NUMBER 8 ON THE HILL

Located in the quiet area of Kingston and only walking distance to Groves Christian Collage and the local shopping village (no need to drive the kids to school). This location provides easy access to public transport, a short 30min drive to Brisbane and 40min drive to the Gold Coast. All the attractions of the city and all the fun of the Gold Coast, means the best of both worlds at an affordable price and central location.

Groves Christian College in Kingston has an International program for students that come from overseas, They have a dedicated international web page
    Groves Christian College » International
    Guess who's sending their kids there from overseas?

Welcome to Groves Christian College International Program.

If you are a parent, I would like to reassure you that we hold the responsibility you have handed us very preciously. We identify that your child is far from home and requires the extra care and support that a family can bring. We consider your child part of our Groves family.

Welcome to our family!

Guess who's buying up Browns Plains, (hint hint postcode 4118) in droves because they are pushed out of Sunnybank, Sunnybank Hills, Eight Mile Plains, Calamvale, Drewvale, Parkinson etc

meme plecko and HUGH72 like this.
  15. Beanie Girl

Agree Lenny. I live 650m from a train station, I have even learned to run to the train station in heels when I am running late. Especially when I couldn't drive or didn't have a car.
    As a Melbournite/Melbournian/Mexican, I learned the hard way the importance of trains.

bwklau, Lenny, ellejay and 1 other person like this.
  16. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Si El Beano....muy bien!

Slightly off topic did you get into the Logan equivlent suburbs in Melbourne? By the way just missed out on one in Logan today.....;)

Greyghost and Beanie Girl like this.
  17. Beanie Girl

I did, hahaha! Bad rep 20-30 years ago and even now it lingers like a bad smell.
    Bought and sold, hanging onto others.
    same same - Stigma, train station, yobs, drug deals, multi-ethnic, blue rinse will not touch with a 10 yard barge pole, housing comm, wrong side of the river etc etc

Oh welcome, soon-to-be-neighbour! :)

Last edited: 6th May, 2016
    HUGH72 and Greyghost like this.
  18. devank

devank Well-Known Member

Edens Landing 4/2/2 House. 640 sqm. Year 2005 built. Bought in 2011 for 360ish.
    Onthehouse estimation is $327k - $400k.
    This house is the worst performer for us so far.

19. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Oh welcome, soon-to-be-neighbour! :)[/QUOTE]
    ...not in the wild wild West Logan......

20. Beanie Girl

...not in the wild wild West Logan......[/QUOTE]

It's okay, it'll still be Loooogaaaan!!!! :p

Greyghost likes this.