How are we doing? Advice sought.

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Ulhwize, 10th Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Personally I think there is potential. Note I have shares in them. If they can crack the US market, the world is their oyster. I don't know if the first 2 months in the US are an abnormality or a true sign of things to come. But I think, why not put a few k into it and see how it goes. Not sure if people will keep using afterpay long term, that's a watch and see.

Last edited: 17th Sep, 2018
  2. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

i think after pay still have a regulatory issue..but this again is a case by case basis kind of thing (legal in au and us and not uk) bit like vaping.

some countries are okay with this some not ..personally i wont buy hoping it goes back up to $21, only buy now if you think its going long, long. unless you taking a small punt for fun

i still feel its highly specualtive and the price is already cooked in with them doing well in usa & uk. very much like ballamy, if they have one bad news.. its down down down prices are down.

if bought early.. selling at $17 or $21, i leave that up to you. i still holding my a2m.. so you know my stance.

*this is not financial advice*

3. Jingo

Jingo Well-Known Member

If you were to do a spreadsheet, what would you need to invest in to help you reach your income goal of $75,000 within your desired time frame?

Adding more property and debt may actually slow you down and take away a lot of flexibility than say buying into index funds and etf’s without leverage. (Have a read through the other assets section on this forum).

I like your wife’s idea of building up a cash buffer in the offset account. Her idea creates flexibility and allows for one of you to scale back their work if you decide to do that at some stage.