Housing demand to due to the recent changes to the 457 visa scheme

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by TheSackedWiggle, 8th Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. radson

radson Well-Known Member

You're right. We have 2 billion plus people in China and India rapidly emerging into the worlds largest ever middle class consumers.

Perthguy likes this.
  2. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

You do realise unemployment is still nearly 2% or so under the average of the previous couple of decades don't you?

The GDP growing has played a big role in the fact that despite the huge immigration numbers more people are in work today as a % than in the 70s 80s and 90s and that's been consistently the case for over a decade

While getting the balance right is of course important and must be monitored it isn't even remotely a genuine issue yet from a job prospects pov

3. radson

radson Well-Known Member

Yes, fuelled in part by a massive increase in the female participation rate.

4. sanj

Not really because women in the past who were not working and not looking for work , as was much more common, would not have been included in unemployment stats. So while participation rate is definitely higher that doesnt necessarily have as large an effect on the unemployment ratw

5. ollidrac nosaj

ollidrac nosaj Well-Known Member

6. radson

radson Well-Known Member

Good point with regards to the strict definition of the unemployment rate. I guess I was also thinking along the lines of how female participation like immigration has such a huge effect on GDP by stimulating and snowballing demand.

sanj likes this.
  7. sanj

Definitely agree with you there.

8. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

what is the true unemployment rate in australia - Google Search

Nocookies

You do realise that you use the term "you do realise" - and in a very condescending tone - an awful lot.

Last edited: 12th Aug, 2017
  9. sanj

I have made it clear I have no interest in engaging you in any discussion, you're a troll and a terribly inaccurate and uninformed poster when you aren't trolling so I see nothing to be gained from it. Besides, we all had to endure years of posts about your shop, I'm.well behind you in the repetitive annoying post count

10. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

You just did.

Don't sell yourself short; you are A LOT closer to me in the annoying post count than you think. ;)

Last edited: 12th Aug, 2017