NSW Housing Commission

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Declan, 12th Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Declan

Declan Active Member

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where the housing commission street are in Bateau Bay?

Declan

2. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

There’s no entire streets. Individual properties are scattered around mostly on the western side.

Declan likes this.
  3. RenegadeDom

RenegadeDom Well-Known Member

There's no specific housing commission area but I did recently receive an email from my property manager saying that council is looking to rezone some areas in Bateau Bay for public housing and boarding houses.

Declan likes this.
  4. Declan

Declan Active Member

Thanks Alan.

Yep I was looking at some properties and they had a very public housing feel to them. I checked this out with the agent and he confirmed that it is in fact PH but NSW land and housing is looking at selling these off.

I purchased 2 houses in Whalan for $110,000 and $120,000 and it was my first foray into housing comm areas but they are worth $400,000 each now so definitely a good lesson.

I don't expect this properties to do the same thing but looking to purchase at a good price.

Hopefully we won't have issues with the quality of tenants.

5. David Shih

David Shih Mortgage Broker Business Member

Not sure whether Microburbs help here - but I guess more info never hurts :)
    Public Housing Heat Map

It doesn't go down to the street level but at least you can be guided by the sections where there are higher concentration of housing commissions. Good luck!

Cheers,
    David

hematite likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia