House with movement.

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by Katie, 8th May, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. bunkai

bunkai Well-Known Member

Without any real information - I would be mentally budgetting 15-50k to repair hoping to get it done for 10k. You need to allow for the issue occuring elsewhere in the building.

However, you have to consider that you may not be getting a discount as the repaired property may still be seen as a risk by future buyers.

However, if it is a property to live in and in future you may replace the building... It could well make sense...

But negotiate hard as it's a buyer's market and that issue is very unattractive.

I don't think an engineer's report adds much personally but I would have had a really good look at every nook and cranny in the building and inside the ceiling.

2. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

Yeah even know it’s tempting I think I will pass thankyou to you guys and this forum for helping me make that decision I’m loving property chat atm it’s really helpful to new investors.

3. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

There could be way more hidden costs and I doubt the bank will even lend me the money I’ll stick to Moreton bay anyway this ones in Logan.

4. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

Either down to Moreton Bay or Corio in Geelong more leaning to Moreton bay as I’m thinking Corio up 30 percent from last year has about a year left in the cycle where is Moreton bay is just taking off.

5. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member