House with landslide risk in Logan?

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Jun8, 20th Nov, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Jun8

Jun8 Member

Hi guys, we are looking at a nice house in Regents Park. Everything is fine apart from the size of the land which is less than 600m (I think most houses in the area have bigger land) and it has got “Landslide” overlay at about 15%. The house is only 10-15 years old and everything looks good.

I am not from the Logan so I barely know anything about that overlay. How serious could it be? The house is not on a slop or hill, it is just on a higher land and behind it is another house which is lower.

2. Thomacino

Thomacino Well-Known Member

Landslide risk is a planning overlay which is considered more so during the development application process, which leads to development controls etc.

Not sure of Brisbane, but in Syd, northern beaches it is widely common with nearly every property is identified as a landslide risk and is not a detriment.

Jun8 likes this.

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF