Entertainment & Music House rules.

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Dylan33, 25th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Dylan33

Dylan33 Well-Known Member

Fiona and Nicole or Try and Beck. Who will be voted the arch Baddie this season?

2. drg86

drg86 Well-Known Member

How to NOT win House Rules:

1. Get a new house built for you in the first week
    2. Give everyone a low score and not be grateful your tin shack was demolished and replaced by a brand new house.
    3. Whinge that no other team will work with you and you always get the crap zones and lowest score.
    4. Annoy the viewers who will vote for you later in the series...

P.s. 5. Paint like a 3 year old

3. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

The other teams seem nice enough and working together around. It seems like the others were put there to stir up trouble and create drama. It's not really what I like to watch but I guess some people do?

Anyway, I blame whoever cast them. It's seems obvious they were not cast for their design ability. ;)

vbplease likes this.
  4. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

Yep, I think there has been strategy by the casters to set up conflict.. Haven't really watched house rules because the ads are all about drama. The last season of the block really turned me off.. not sure I'll watch the next season. Thank goodness for Aus property flippers and the US shows.

Fixer upper has got to be the best reno show. Chip is an absolute crack up and Joanna's styling is amazing :cool:

Sackie, EN710 and Perthguy like this.
  5. Perthguy

Interesting development on House Rules. To put it nicely, Fiona and Nicole have been quite obstructive this series. First leaving a wall where the owners wanted open plan, the yellow ceiling and refusing to raise the ceiling to make a house nicer. All along it has been all about them and not what the home owners want at all.

What I find interesting is when another tries their tactics on them, they spit the dummy and walk out. What goes around comes around I guess. Maybe they should have been more careful where they built their dunny? :D

6. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

I like them and masters of flips

7. Perthguy

No fans of Flip or Flop? I like that there flips don't all look the same. There have been ads for the series that starts tonight and it looks like they have really stepped up to the next level. I tried to watch it on freeview but it does not exist. So much for watching whatever you want whenever you want. No wonder people torrent. Anyway, it's a rerun. I was hoping for a new episode.

vbplease and EN710 like this.
  8. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Like flips or flops too but it was a rerun, I'm waiting for new season. The masters of flips has new season but not here yet :( (I follow Kortney in FB)

Sackie, vbplease and Perthguy like this.
  9. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

I'll watch flip or flop while doing other work.. but not a huge fan.. "granite countertops" need to stay in the 90's :p

Kortney from masters of flip is pretty bold with her styling which always turns out great.

EN710 likes this.
  10. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

The guy were actually diagnosed with cancer, and were apparently only diagnosed after pointed out by one of the fan who had similar cancer (I think his adam's apple where enlarged)

Yes :)

I also like Joanna's fixer upper style - the house usually have lots of character

vbplease and Perthguy like this.
  11. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I know the producers can choose what to show and what not to show, but those two couples have said and done some horrible things... and are hypocrites all the way. The smirks as the two women get their way...

And Troy continually saying he knows all about design and he hasn't a clue.

I don't know how people sit through all the repeats of the repeats and the ads. I tape it and flick through all the crap but I do enjoy the argy bargy. I just cannot stand the repeated storylines over and over.

Perthguy likes this.
  12. Perthguy

It is very repetitive. I agree both teams have been hypocritical.

Troy told teams that he hated what they did. They also failed the bonus room although the person the room was for loved it. Then both stormed off when criticised and when they had their bonus room failed. Seems inconsistent.

The female team has obstructed each week, e.g. yellow ceiling. Now they are being obstructed they don't like it and have stormed off. Seems inconsistent.

I like the other teams that work together, get on and produce good rooms. Personally I wish the whole show was like that.

13. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

My daughter loves it so rather than watch every episode we just watch Sunday night and Monday night where the owners get to have their say. You still get the full storyline without needing to watch all the repeating.

Savy mum and Perthguy like this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia