House or IP located beside school

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Ben John1, 30th Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Ben, I think many properties can be viable, it all comes down to money.

For instance, a main road property in Sydney will move with other properties in the area, there just wont be the same amount of money involved, but nor will there be at purchase, if you buy right, it can also be good.

You may even get a better yield sometimes.

So, it is not as easy as just ruling in or rule out just on those factors alone IMO, what if the cliff for instance has fantastic views and a bustling cafe scene close by with great transport ?

Ben John1 likes this.
  2. MyDarlinghurst

MyDarlinghurst Well-Known Member

Do they get the louts walking in there on weekend nights?

3. hieund85

hieund85 Well-Known Member

+1 for this. But somehow in my area, most the properties accross the road of the primary school (best in the area so is quite desirable) are demanding a premium compared to properties just one or few streets away (still walking distance).

4. lightbulbmoment

lightbulbmoment Well-Known Member

Definately massive transmission yards directly behind you or in direct clos views from backyard. I know this one hinders for sure seen heaps of examples and definatley main roads

Ben John1 likes this.
  5. theperthurbanist

theperthurbanist Well-Known Member

Cliff with a view? My uncle bought a property backing into the cliffs north of Bondi Beach about 30 years ago and sold recently. Let’s just say he did ok (!!!)

Ben John1 likes this.
  6. spoon

spoon Well-Known Member

I was looking at a property right opposite to a school. I asked the neigbours how is it like in terms of traffic and other disturbances. I even sit there for a day from school starts to finishes. Also on a Saturday. True that during start and finish time, there are a lot of mad and rush traffic. The house was right opposite the school so you expect people will use your drive way a lot to reverse. Some even park briefly right outside your house for a while. But that is only for about 30 minutes, same as finish time. But the good thing, which I didn't realise, is that police tends to patrol these areas a bit more. It is a reasonable school. It was dead quiet on weekends. You can walk your dog or do your jog in the school yard.

Ben John1 likes this.
  7. Bee-mumma

Bee-mumma Well-Known Member

Where? there is a big push at the moment within the Education Department to push schools together so that they become 'super schools' this leaves previous lively schools that have character and life into deadbeat areas that can have squatters in them.

I'd be very careful buying within parking distance to schools.

Ben John1 likes this.
  8. spoon

spoon Well-Known Member

;);)
    Has to be Perth;)