House on T-Junction

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Realist35, 4th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Yes. My parents just sold a property in Ringwood North on a T head. Some Asian buyers would not put in an offer because of Feng Shui. They still sold and got a good price too. It's not ideal but not the end of the world either.

ellejay likes this.
  2. Realist35

Realist35 Well-Known Member

Well that's exactly what I'd be very interested to find out; capital growth and discounts of the houses on T-junctions. Probably too much to ask for:).

Previous sales of this place look like this:
    Now: asking price 500k
    2013: 330k
    2005: 169k
    1982: 31k
    1979: 35k

It doesn't seem like the location held it back.

Perthguy likes this.
  3. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

Massive growth in the last 4 years? Where is this? What makes you think it will continue?

bob shovel and Realist35 like this.
  4. Realist35

19 km from cbd, close to st Albans, affordability (500k), stamp duty changes, big gap compared to Sidney, still very very hot suburb.

But I could be terribly wrong:).

Perthguy likes this.
  5. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

Look I don't know anything about the property or the area, but most of those things you raised could apply to nearly any property in Melbourne. That raises alarm bells for me. What makes this property so special? And if its not special, then why buy it?

Plus if anything, a currently 'hot' suburb in Melbourne would be a negative for me, not a positive.

6. Realist35

There are plenty of unaffordable properties in Melbourne:).

7. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

All the stats in the world won't change perceptions. People looking for a long term home either rented or bought are not interested in the stats on relative risk of a car in their lounge vs non junction house or how many people buying these got a discount and what percentage over last 15 years. You need to put yourself in the shoes of a long term tenant or future buyer of your ip. Are they likely to perceive that cars and trucks braking in front of their house to turn the corner will get on their nerves or car headlights shining through blinds and curtains at night? It's all good in a hot market but cooler market when you come to sell may put you at a slight disadvantage. I'd be more concerned about renting it in the meantime. Melbourne yields suck, and choice for renters is only going to improve.

PS That doesn't mean I'm saying you shouldn't buy.

Perthguy and Realist35 like this.
  8. Realist35

Very good analysis. Cheers:).

I think I'm off to bed, otherwise this analysis paralysis will likely continue lol

ellejay likes this.
  9. Lewis

Lewis Active Member

This one?
    51 Goldsmith Avenue, Ringwood North, Vic 3134 - Property Details

If it is, considering the massive Asian demand in the area, I wonder if you had good offers from most asian buyers and the T-head did not really bother them. To me it was a good property. However the T- junction thing put me off a bit and ended up looking somewhere else.

In my opinion considering how well the landscaping was and the quality of the renovation the street location did impact a bit on the price.

Last edited: 5th Apr, 2017
    Realist35 and Perthguy like this.
  10. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Not that one. I can't remember the final sale price but from memory it was in that ball park.

11. neK

neK Well-Known Member

From a feng Shui perspective, if a block on a t junction was developed, then only the street facing townhouse would "affected". The other townhouses would be fine as the first house blocks all the bad stuff. Am I correct in my thinking?

Still reckon the majority of people who care about T junction places are minimal.

I'll also point out, feng shui also says it bad where the front door has a direct line of sight to the back door.

12. Wendy Chamberlain

Wendy Chamberlain Well-Known Member

In Feng Shui, it is deemed to not be auspicious as all the energy traveling from the street immediately in front of the house will slam straight into this house. This will result in occupants not feeling settled in the home.

That is considered to be energy overload and not good, Feng Shui wise.

Realist35 likes this.
  13. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Not good, Feng Shui wise. Not good car lights and out-of-control cars in your house. I would not do it.

14. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

The solution is simple. Build wall.

[​IMG]

The Y-man

15. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Sorry - bad suggestion - car could come straight through the gateway. Better one:

upload_2017-5-1_18-2-21.jpeg

The Y-man

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia