NSW House in Sydney’s West/South West

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Avengers, 2nd Oct, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Avengers

Avengers New Member

Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster.

My partner and I are currently in the market for an entry level home, with a budget of up to $750k. Location is not an issue for us (in terms of proximity to CBD), so we are happy to make the move out West for a house instead of an apartment.

We are currently looking at suburbs such as Seven Hills/Lalor Park.

Just wanted to get some feedback on the above areas, and what other suburbs that can be recommended for us to look into?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thank you

2. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Hi Avengers

Welcome to PC.

Seven Hills for some reason hasn't changed much over the years ... in comparison to surrounding areas, and has a fair bit of potential with older houses.

It has fast trains which is a plus.

You'd think one day it may become more desirable given its next door to the likes of Baulkham Hills, so I'd say it's undervalued. Having said this, one of the Buyers Agents will be able to shed more light on this.

Have you considered Toongabbie?

3. Avengers

Avengers New Member

Thank you PT.

I’ve had a look into Toongabbie and Pendle Hill, but found their prices were over our budget of $750k. Seven Hills is a much more affordable suburb, and yes it does have the express train line to the CBD.

Lalor Park is even more affordable but not too sure how I feel on the area (Although this shouldn’t really phase me, as I currently live in Mt Druitt and I don’t read into auburn profiling).

4. KateSydney

KateSydney Well-Known Member

We've lived in Seven Hills for 23 years. Been happy enough here. We've enjoyed the 12 minute walk to the fast trains, the Blacktown pool quite close and so on. We paid $122K for an ex houso place in Dec 1995 and it's prob only worth about $600K now. Not sure about capital growth but then perhaps that's not so important with a PPOR.
    Seven Hills is a very big suburb with a bit of varied socio economic throughout - especially over the last few years. I'm not sure what else to say that might be useful but feel free to pm me if there's anything in particular you'd like to know from a resident.

5. Avengers

Avengers New Member

Thank Kate, much appreciated.

6. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

I would check Doonside as well. The prices are around your range.
    I have an IP there and haven't had any issues with tenants ever.

7. Avengers

Avengers New Member

Hi Mumbai,

My Partner ideally wants to stay on the East Side of Blacktown.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia