VIC House in Melbourne (IP) Budget $550K - where to look

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by OMG_itsabargain, 7th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Msx

Msx New Member

Nothing better then Franskton and Werribee for this price range in Melbourne.
    Franskston is big suburb and have a few estates, I will recommend Lakewood estate as the best value for money/ price increase potential/rental yield/ population pattern (middle class families with kids due to proximity of few schools), also rail extension and new station will increase property prices.

Franskston north have even more potential , due to lower prices and more houses with big land, as well as excellent community facilities (parks, pool, 2 primary and 1 high school, 2 buses, 2 local shopping centers and proximity to Seaford facilites and it's closest to city part of fFrankston with good access to freeway. But it's ex-housing area (and still partly housing area) .

Werribee also interesting area and prices similar to Frankston, but Frankston have more prospective due to proximity to expensive suburbs. .

2. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

That’s interesting to know. I nearly bought one for 415k old house on sub divided block (300m2)in July 2016. They haven’t moved much at all. Glad I went a full sized block next suburb out

astonma likes this.
  3. johnmteliza

johnmteliza Well-Known Member

4. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

There is still some frenzy and FOMO in Melbourne. Market has peaked, that says it all. Any activity peri-peak is rarely rational. Proceed with caution.