NSW House in Campbelltown OR Unit in Campsie

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by carva848, 1st Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

With a budget of $600,000, would you..

1. Purchase a 3 bdrm house around Campbelltown

2. Purchase a 2 bdrm unit around Campsie

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. water

water New Member

Try to type in max. $600k in domain or realestate and set 2 bed up. You will still find something at inner west, try to avoid homebush west as there are too many apartments/units already. You may find some old units around ashfield, croydon park, strathfield south etc. Try to locate the units that are close to train station and have less than 10 or 12 units in the whole block.

For me, because i am lazy to explore other cities, therefore only focus on Sydney. and my old man told me, "only big city has real real-estate", sydney is like the big brother in Aus, if you are lazy like me and don't want to think too much, just focus on sydney.

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Not sure this is great advice... Sydney didn't really do anything 2004-2009. I think we are heading into the same situation now.... we are at or near the peak. I'd rather see capital growth with investment properties therefore I don't see Sydney as being the place to buy housing now.

If you are planning to live in it as a home, go for your life. But as an investment I don't think Sydney is the best place for the near future.

3. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

As a general rule i would not buy a house over a unit, unless i had a very very good reason.
    Postcode 2560 may still have some growth value, but you would need to look hard and some local knowledge.