NSW House for sale with Granny flat & Shed

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by Property Baron, 12th Jun, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Property Baron

Property Baron Well-Known Member

Is it the norm for a 4 bedroom house with a 2 car garage to be listed as 6 bedroom and 4 carspaces because the Granny flat has 2 beds and shed 2 carspaces?

I just feel this has inflated the price for the property by a lot. Granny flat is just a colourbond extension on side of shed that has been finished ok on the inside.

2. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

The bed and carspace thing is pretty standard I think. Obviously if you are marketing a place you want to maximise the features.

It won't inflate the price any more than what someone is willing to pay for it.

3. Property Baron

Yea ok. But if the asking price is as for a 6 bedroom 4 carspace house rather than a 4 bedroom and colorbond Granny flat how does an inexperienced buyer know the difference? or even if there should be a difference?

4. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Quite usual.

So long as the granny flat is approved, the listing is not misleading. The property does have 6 bedrooms in total and the Given number of combined car spaces. Reading the listing usually sets out the specific details.

5. Property Baron

Yep granny flat is approved, I don't see it as misleading at all I'm looking into the pricing, how much would a standard colorbond 2 bedder 1 bath granny flat add to a 4 bedroom property. Just very basic stove kitchen bathroom.